MG4 SE Steering Wheel Cover

JPan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Am I the only one that feels the steering wheel in the entry level MG4 doesn't feel very nice to hold?

I come from a Toyota Aygo X, which comes with leather steering wheel as standard and I definitely miss it... I wonder if anyone has found a cover that fits the wheel nicely?

I've found some options at amazon.nl and I'm afraid they'll either look terrible or be quite hard to fit (I'm not very good at threading xD)

Any suggestions are welcome!

Cheers!

I'm same as you, the steering wheel feels like the leather is wafer thin with zero comfort.

I have a Standard spec MG4, with the non-leather steering wheel. I hated the feel of it. I bought this cover from AliExpress:

Looks like this when fitted (took me 3 to 4 hours)
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-24 at 15.14.47.jpeg

Try heating the cover with a hair dryer to help it match the contours of the wheel better also the material will be more pliable if you fit it on a warm day.

Try heating the cover with a hair dryer to help it match the contours of the wheel better also the material will be more pliable if you fit it on a warm day.
This was my second attempt (also my 2nd cover :')). It's a pretty decent fit, I would say 95% perfect. The area where you hold your thumbs (below the 2 joysticks) is not as tight around the steering wheel as you would expect from a OEM leather steering wheel.
Would have probably been better if I used a hairdryer or something, but for now it's ok

I have a Standard spec MG4, with the non-leather steering wheel. I hated the feel of it. I bought this cover from AliExpress:

Looks like this when fitted (took me 3 to 4 hours)

I've got that one (different colour thread) but haven't installed it yet. Did you use the double sided tape? Any tips on pushing the excess under the plastics?

I've got that one (different colour thread) but haven't installed it yet. Did you use the double sided tape? Any tips on pushing the excess under the plastics?
I did not use that much double sided tape, but if I would do it again, I would definitely use tape in the marked areas. The cover is a bit loose (you can feel there is some air trapped between the cover and steering wheel). Also I would suggest to start sewing at the position of the arrows, this is the most difficult part.

Attachments

• stuur.jpg
    stuur.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 55
I did not use that much double sided tape, but if I would do it again, I would definitely use tape in the marked areas. The cover is a bit loose (you can feel there is some air trapped between the cover and steering wheel). Also I would suggest to start sewing at the position of the arrows, this is the most difficult part.
Still looks good, though. 🙂👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom