MG4 Trophy Pod Point issues

suemg

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
MG4 Trophy Pod Point issues: I got a brand-new trophy long range in Feb and had a Pod Point tethered charger installed at home. I’m having problems getting the scheduled charged to work. Contacted Pod Point three or four times and they have done a system reset from their end each time, when tested in the afternoon with a set charge it works. However, this is not ideal as I need to use the cheap energy rate after midnight. The schedule is set to start at midnight and finish at 5am, the Pod Point is yellow which indicates there’s a scheduled charge set. However I’m checking after midnight it is not charging. Is anyone else having any issues and how have they resolved them?
I’d be grateful to know this is my first time owning an EV car, the car is great, but the charging is becoming really problematic.

I use Pod Point schedule and it works fine, just make sure you don't have the schedule set in the car as well.

Mine normally starts charging five minutes after the scheduled time.

There’s nothing set in the car. Just out of interest what time do you have your schedules set for? I’m wondering if it’s a midnight issue?

The Pod Point can take up to 10 minutes to start as it connects to the servers, check it at 10 past midnight.
Make sure there's no schedules set elsewhere like in the car, or as @Tight Git said, on the app.

Thanks both, I’ll try it again next week when I need to charge again. Will check it 15 mins after the scheduled start time…

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back