MG4 V2L query

Nigelleics

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi. Does anyone know the best procedure for using the mg4 with a v2l cable? I'm looking to take a washing machine/dryer off grid if possible, and it's connected load is 2000w. What concerns me is that on another thread it was said that the lights need to be left on, which would be a bit of a worry at say 7am.

V2L is activated from in the cabin, once set going you can exit the vehicle, lock it and walk away with the vehicle secure and nothing has to be left on at all. A quick Google search would have revealed that .

What model is your washer dryer as most tumble dryers will pull more than 2kW

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221004-140433_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20221004-140433_Firefox.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 92
V2L is activated from in the cabin, once set going you can exit the vehicle, lock it and walk away with the vehicle secure and nothing has to be left on at all. A quick Google search would have revealed that .
Thanks for clarifying. It was a search on here and this thread which gave a little confusion

V2L - useful ?

A guy on YouTube was pulling over 3.5kw on his ZS w8th an oil filled radiator and fan heater and the car was more than happy to maintain supply
This could potentially save me 20kw a week and the thick end of £400 a year IF I can keep topped up with solar and or free tesco power

Last edited:
Except it's not universally true. I can't lock and leave my ZS as the discharge stops after a short while.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back