Mg4 Windscreen Reflection Issue

sitch12ajb

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi folks,

I’m new around here.

I’ve had my MG4 Trophy LR for 2 months now, and I love it.

The only issue I’ve got is the reflection on the windscreen when driving.

I have a distinct reflection and I have to wear sunglasses throughout the day (regardless of the weather) to avoid getting eye strain.

Has anyone else had this issue, or is it unusual?

If it makes a difference, the colour of the car is orange.

Thanks

Have you tried adjusting your seating position/angle? I don't notice any issue in my SE SR (albeit is grey), but I sit quite upright rather than lean back.

Have you tried adjusting your seating position/angle? I don't notice any issue in my SE SR (albeit is grey), but I sit quite upright rather than lean back.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I’ve played around with the seating position and it doesn’t make any difference.

I have a local MG dealership which I’m going to take it down to see if they think it might be a windscreen defect.

Without being rude but how tall are you?. I'm over 6ft and don't have any reflection problems.

Try wiping the top of the dash with a wet microfibre cloth to give it a matt finish just in case they sprayed it with a high gloss silicon polish when the dealer did the PDI.

I have a distinct reflection and I have to wear sunglasses throughout the day (regardless of the weather) to avoid getting eye strain.

I've had this issue on all of my recent cars (Mondeos) and also in an MG5. ISTM that reflections are more noticeable on more steeply raked screens, whereas in the old days windscreen were more upright.
It's not to do with height, as it also affects the image on dashcams.
Like you, I often drive in darker glasses, as they are polarised and reduce the reflections, unfortunately they tell me that they can't polarise my clear glasses.
I also have CPLs fitted to the front dashcams on my current Mondeo and the MG5, which does help.

I don't think that it's an uncommon problem, as you can buy mats for the dash which are supposed to help tone down the reflections.

Not joking, but it's worth checking you aren't developing cataracts or other eye problems. If this is a problem that is affecting multiple cars or only affects you in the current car, then it's much more likely there is an issue unique to you at play.

Not joking, but it's worth checking you aren't developing cataracts or other eye problems. If this is a problem that is affecting multiple cars or only affects you in the current car, then it's much more likely there is an issue unique to you at play.
Well, I'd agree that everyone should have regular eyetests, but this is just a simple reflection issue. Maybe it bothers some people more than others....

Last edited:
Hi folks,

I’m new around here.

I’ve had my MG4 Trophy LR for 2 months now, and I love it.

If it makes a difference, the colour of the car is orange.

Thanks
What exactly is it that's reflecting, is it the dash ?
If so you can get a dash mat from Ali Express.

Thanks for your message folks, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Regardless of the seat position the reflection is still visible, my partner in the passenger seat also has it too.

The reflection shows the dashboard and air come ports.

I’ve driven our other car and not had an issue.

I’ll see about purchasing something to cover the dashboard.

I got my Phase 1 Trophy in August and didn't have this. Just had the windscreen replaced due to a huge crack (it's a proper SAIC Motors labelled replacement) and now have this exact issue.

Wonder if they've changed something on more recent screens.

I got my Phase 1 Trophy in August and didn't have this. Just had the windscreen replaced due to a huge crack (it's a proper SAIC Motors labelled replacement) and now have this exact issue.

Wonder if they've changed something on more recent screens.
Or they cleaned and polished the dashboard and the inside of the new screen hasn't got a layer of non-reflective deposits that had accumulated over time 😁

Thanks for your message folks, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Regardless of the seat position the reflection is still visible, my partner in the passenger seat also has it too.

The reflection shows the dashboard and air come ports.

I’ve driven our other car and not had an issue.

I’ll see about purchasing something to cover the dashboard.
I havnt had any issues but also have had a dash mat fitted very early on. I would also add that here in west Oz our sun is very bright for many hrs of the day. We have had pretty much zero mm of rain since Oct last year. Also tinting the front two side windows makes a massive diff to heat and glare.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back