MG4 XPower Competitors (Top Trumps)

True Beginner

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Out of the new Performance (Dual Motor / 4 Wheel Drive) Electric Vehicles available now and the ones coming in 2024, who wins in the follow Top Trump metrics in your opinion -

IMHO
Price - XPower (£33,000 - £37,000 New)
Looks - MG4 XPower (Of Course ;-))
Road Holding / Spirited Driving - XPower ?
Top Speed - XPower (124mph)
Lightest Weight - XPower (1878kg)
Stopping Distance 62 - 0 - XPower (33m) ?
V2L - XPower (2.2 KW AC)
0-62 - EX30 (3.6 Seconds) / (XPower = 3.8 Seconds)
WLTP Milage - EX30 (286mi) / (XPower = 239mi)
Efficiency - EX30 (291 Wh/mi) / (XPower = 309 Wh/mi)
Rapid Charging - EX30 (153 DC) / (XPower = 140 DC)
Practicality - ??? (Subjective)
Tech - Zeekr X ??

List of Competitors within a £10,000ish price difference that come to mind :-

Volvo EX30 Performance (£40,995 - £44,495)
Smart #1 Brabus (£43,450)
Smart #3 Brabus (£45,000)
Zeeka X Performance (£43,000) ?
?????

I would like to see track testing from the competition similar to the Cinch XPower YouTube Video - )

With the price of the XPower being so much less than the competition this allows us to upgrade the Tyres (Michelin Pilot Sport 5) as Bricktop1967 has done to improve road holding even further.

Last edited:
I just wish Flintoff hadn't run out of talent and smashed his face in. (Probably?)
I would have loved to have seen the X Power on the Top Gear Test Track for a timed lap.

The X Power Tops everything IMO.
The right car for me at the right time.

Now I'm in a smaller vehicle (After my Etron Tank) I relish having a small (ish) hatchback to throw about, with all the practically that comes with this size of vehicle.
The only car I've driven that behaves like a fast motorbike for swift and safe overtakes.
No mess, no fuss.
You want to get ahead?
Your there.

Lightest Weight - XPower (1878kg)
0-62 - EX30 (3.6 Seconds) / (XPower = 3.8 Seconds)
That weight is probably included the driver. I've had my Xpower on the scale actually, and it is very close to 1800 kg without anyone in it. And I have seen somebody on Youtube that got the 0-62 time down to 3,6 on the Xpower too, but that probably can't be reproduced every day.

I just wish Flintoff hadn't run out of talent and smashed his face in. (Probably?)
I would have loved to have seen the X Power on the Top Gear Test Track for a timed lap.

The X Power Tops everything IMO.
The right car for me at the right time.

Now I'm in a smaller vehicle (After my Etron Tank) I relish having a small (ish) hatchback to throw about, with all the practically that comes with this size of vehicle.
The only car I've driven that behaves like a fast motorbike for swift and safe overtakes.
No mess, no fuss.
You want to get ahead?
Your there.
I love mine and after seeing your tyre change, it has now become inevitable that I will have to change mine 😂

I love mine and after seeing your tyre change, it has now become inevitable that I will have to change mine 😂
You won't regret it.
The effect is noticeable and immediate.
Still haven't turned a wheel on a dry road yet, but if the improvement in the wet is anything to go by...........👍

I read in the Cinch video comments that the team would like to re-test the XPower on the track with stickier tyres, i would really like to see that 😁 especially appearing above BMW on the leader board 😜

I wonder what tyres that guy who video'd his Xpower at the Nürburgring had on ... he had plenty of opposite lock applied at times !! 😉😁

I hope they do a longer test with road driving too ... I suspect the car will feel a lot better with decent UHP tyres like Pilot Sports or similar.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom