MG4 XPOWER Revelation!!!

Snap, an off-centre wheel drives me nuts. 😤
Might be worth you getting a full four wheel hunter alignment, assuming of course the alignment centre has figures for the car yet (hmmm…)
You’d need specific X-power figures.
The results would be interesting and perhaps, maybe, any errors could mean you getting the cost back from the dealer/MG.
Thats what I had in mind, a company a couple of miles away does it, had a few cars done there. Agree probably wont have the settings, but at the very least they could sort out steering wheel alignment if needed.

FWIW when my 4 had vibration at speed the dealer checked alignment and wheel balance.
They said they were both miles out and while it didn’t fix the issue, it certainly improved it.
Turns out it was the tyres, changing them fixed it, but doesn’t change the fact the alignment and balance were off from new.

@Bricktop1967 - I see you live in Wales I believe...With 7,700 miles of roads now dropped to 20 Mph speed limit.
How confident are you of keeping your driving licence with all that X-Power under your right foot mate ? ;)
🤣🤣🤣 Honestly! How does one man weild so much power to oppress the entire nation?
It was a shock to the system this morning but fortunately, despite it appearing to be blanket coverage, my Council have left Whitlands roads as a 30, except past the schools which is fine.
As a rule I am happy to obey the speed limits, but will "play" where safe to do so.
Despite having many quick cars and bikes over the years my licence remains clean.
(For now 🤣🤣🤣)

OK, So this morning.............
FAULTLESS.
Sadly I forgot to set my stopwatch but it was pretty quick.
Unlock, get in, Don't touch anything,
Wait for center screen to complete its opening routine and car to give personal greeting (if you have set one?)
Foot on brake, into D then off.
Never got a peep out of the car.
Only done 6 miles this morning, but had many warnings and wheel grabs before I even get to the main road usually (if it's playing me up)
Now I'm wondering if it's broken?🤣🤣🤣

P.S. Bluetooth was off on my phone.
Shouldn't make any difference I'm sure, but just making sure the car has nothing to do except wake up.

Morning M8
Ice Cold, just full fan noise as expected.

Attachments

• 20230918_095126.jpg
    20230918_095126.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 73
My Trophy boots up quicker if I unlock it with the fob as I'm walking up to the car, I think it gives it a few seconds to operate any relays before actually sitting in the car (there is definitely a few clicks as I do that). Then when I sit in, I wait for the system to boot up fully before I press the brake.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom