MG5 Android Auto not working

greentangerine

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
So after the abject failure to update my sat nav and with a broken radio, I thought I'd try and test Android Auto too.

Connected the phone to the correct port and AA started on the phone.

Pressing the AA bit on the head unit states I need to connect the phone!

But it is connected and started up AA!

Connecting to the other port just charges it and AA stops on the phone.

Help!

You need to switch your phone to 'file transfer' rather than 'usb accessory'. You can set this as default by switching on usb debugging on your phone.

So after the abject failure to update my sat nav and with a broken radio, I thought I'd try and test Android Auto too.

Connected the phone to the correct port and AA started on the phone.

Pressing the AA bit on the head unit states I need to connect the phone!

But it is connected and started up AA!

Connecting to the other port just charges it and AA stops on the phone.

Help!
My phone runs Android version 10.

I just plugged it in and the Android Auto configuration wizard popped up on my phone. I went through it and everything just worked.

If I now plug the phone in, I don't even need to press the Android Auto button on the infotainment screen for it to start playing music from my Amazon Music app. It just carries on from where it was last playing.

I would double check the Android Auto setting in your phone. (Goto to settings and search "auto")

I would also try using a different cable. Maybe the cable the phone came with, if you haven't used that cable already.

I've also seen a recommendation to connect your phone to the car via Bluetooth first (I can't remember whether I did this).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom