MG5 Compatible Roof Bars

MGBok

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi there, Now that the MG5 can have roof bars, anyone know which ones fit? According to the MG garage the ones they sell fit the ZS &5 (just diff load limits) so I bought a Yakima low drag only to find they dont fit...the front is 103cm and at the back its 100cm. Never had roof bars before so a novice here, any advice?

Hi
Thanks for this, Roofbox.com obviously wont recommend/sell anything to me in place of the previous because 'Computer says No!' Suppose I need another retailer now...god forbid Halfords even! (Who also seemed to have a meltdown when I asked about MG5, why anyone cannot use their brain any more :-/ )

Upvote 0
Hi
Thanks for this, Roofbox.com obviously wont recommend/sell anything to me in place of the previous because 'Computer says No!' Suppose I need another retailer now...god forbid Halfords even! (Who also seemed to have a meltdown when I asked about MG5, why anyone cannot use their brain any more :-/ )
I used the live chat with Halfords after the roof rails were cleared, she suggested going down to the store and they’d be able to help but they had no plans at that point to change the (lack of) info on their website. But as I have no intention of buying them from Halfords I’m not going!

Borrowing some from a friend with all sorts of bike kit later this week instead, can let you know what on Weds…

Upvote 0
Check this post:

Upvote 0
Hi there, Now that the MG5 can have roof bars, anyone know which ones fit? According to the MG garage the ones they sell fit the ZS &5 (just diff load limits) so I bought a Yakima low drag only to find they dont fit...the front is 103cm and at the back its 100cm. Never had roof bars before so a novice here, any advice?
Odd. I too have bought Yakima bars and they fit fine. Have you read the manual to see how to adjust the width?

Upvote 0
Check this post:

New 2021 models have upgraded roof rails rated to 75kg from what the deajer told me

Upvote 0
Hi
I bought Menabo Brio Roof Bars 120cm from eBay they are like the ones people have bought from Aldi
Cheers
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
57B6A5A2-9A2D-46DF-9728-ADA864B663B6.jpeg
7AFB39E1-5FF1-48DA-A38B-08D2695F3F64.jpeg

Upvote 0
I also use the Aldi, the curve inside the foot is almost a perfect fit on the MG bars.

However the rails may be rated at 75kg but I would be careful to spread any load across the full width as the bars are very “flexible”.

Upvote 0
Also pay attention to the manual regarding positioning of the bars

• Fix loads towards the front of the roof as far as possible,
    and distribute the roof load evenly.

I placed my first bar very close to the front join with around an 80cm spacing between the bars (as specified in my Ford Grand CMax manual)

1644312199160.jpeg

Upvote 0
New 2021 models have upgraded roof rails rated to 75kg from what the deajer told me
Hi Harrison,That’s correct on the newer LR car my car is a 2021 21 plate model reg 31/03/21 but SR so therefore 35kg only but I don’t think this SR model is available any more only the upgraded LR if you buying new of course.
Les

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom