Mg5 Dog guard

There's an official MG one and a quick Google brought up many websites selling their own to fit e.g.

MG5 EV Dog guard and Variable Boot Divider - 2021 Onwards (Part Number G1611B*) - Guardsman Dog Guards

You can also get the cheap ones that clip onto the headrest brackets.

Also see post on crates here:

I'll check just thought mg would be expensive,hoping that someone would make a cheaper one thankyou

£235 doesn’t seem too bad for guard and divider, but be good to find one a bit lower

I use this Petego EBK9K

https://www.travellingwithpets.co.uk/products/erk9k

Had it in my old Astra estate, and it fits nicely in the MG5 LR if you take off the top extension bar. Very easy to fit and remove.

I've also got a full boot liner (base and sides), and a fold out bumper protector for when the labrador jumps in and out. You can tell my car is leased...

I have the Guardsman mesh guard as suggested above. I tried the "trombone" style one from Halfords but wasn't keen on the fit and the fact that it locked the two seats together.

Getting the hooks that hold the frame in place located was a bit fiddly, They tended to move up the seat retaining loops as I was trying to do them up. In the end i found it easier to leave the seat up and fish for the loop with the hook. To that end the hooks would be better as a "U" shape rather than the "L". I have also would a couple of turns of insulating tape around the seat loop for the hooks to bed into to reduce any tendency to travel up the loop.

The rubber pad on the divider is just stuck on with double sided tape and mine has become unstuck.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom