MG5 Dummy Handler!

google1901

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just thought this might be of interest when I closed the rear boot/door & felt like a dummy!
I'd locked the car then went back to load up with (my son's) garden rubbish. I then put my jacket on top and closed the boot door.
It immediately unlocked? Thinking I'd left something over the lip I opened & closed again, but the latch released again? This time I opened up & removed my jacket only to find the car keys in the jacket pocket! Basically any other car I'd be thinking Parking Ticket & how to get home/back with the spare key.
So yes, felt like a ****, total relief with this feature!

Just thought this might be of interest when I closed the rear boot/door & felt like a dummy!
I'd locked the car then went back to load up with (my son's) garden rubbish. I then put my jacket on top and closed the boot door.
It immediately unlocked? Thinking I'd left something over the lip I opened & closed again, but the latch released again? This time I opened up & removed my jacket only to find the car keys in the jacket pocket! Basically any other car I'd be thinking Parking Ticket & how to get home/back with the spare key.
So yes, felt like a ****, total relief with this feature!

That's a good feature, in my old Seat Leon I had the key in my bag coming off of the train, chucked my coat and bag on the back seat, shut the door and it immediately locked. Even though it was a keyless entry I couldn't unlock it. Seat were bugger all use on the phone so I had to call my wife back from Cambridge to get the spare key from home and let me in. I didn't fancy leaving it with the key in it just in case.

For all those whom wear jeans, there's a little sub pocket above the right hand pocket absolutely perfect for the car key.

I used to use a small belt loop fitting horizontal phone holder for my key . At the moment I use a belt loop fitting key chain

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom