MG5 EV Equalisation

Michael H

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all, I am attempting to do a battery equalization on my MG5EV as my range at 100% has dropped from 274miles to 205 miles. However, after I leave it for a few hours once it has reached 100% i see no improvement and the charge state shows 'not charging'. Is there a way to see if it is doing the equalization or do I just leave it connected to a 7kw, with the status as 'not' charging' and hope hat is is doing something?

Hi all, I am attempting to do a battery equalization on my MG5EV as my range at 100% has dropped from 274miles to 205 miles. However, after I leave it for a few hours once it has reached 100% i see no improvement and the charge state shows 'not charging'. Is there a way to see if it is doing the equalization or do I just leave it connected to a 7kw, with the status as 'not' charging' and hope hat is is doing something?
Hi. It’ll say 100% Connected Uncharged when it’s balanced.

Isn't just down to it being rather cold, wet and windy as of late?

Yep, it's normal to lose range in winter, the colder it gets the less range you have. My range drops from 220 in summer to 150 when it's zero degrees.

If you have the ability, track the charge on your charge point application and/or IHD. You can tell when it's equalising because the charging power will drop to around 300-400 Watts. When it's finished it will be zero.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom