MG5 EV New Alloy Wheels

vpk999

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have just had new 16inch Platin alloy wheels fitted to my MG 5 EV pre-facelift 22 plate, costing £584. This includes locking wheel bolts.
MG5_1.jpeg

The wheels are nothing special, but are for Summer use with the original Bridgestone tyres. I have Winter snow tyres on the original MG wheels. I live on a farm in Scotland, so snow tyres are essential.

I managed to get my local tyre centre to fit the original tyres, wheels and a set of tyre pressure sensors to the wheels. They then swapped the wheels over for me. It wasn't a cheap option with a total cost for supply and fitting of £288. Anyway, they programmed them up and everything works just fine.

The garage was saying that when I fit the original MG wheels with Winter tyres in early December, the vehicle should recognise them ok, as they are already programmed to the vehicle. I just need to do them one at a time and keep the wheel I am removing far enough away from the vehicle, so it doesn't get confused.

I have written on the tyre walls, FL, FR, RL and RR, so I don't get them mixed up.

The thread on the locking wheel bolts for my MG5 is M14 x 1.5 pitch.

Attachments

• MG5_2.jpeg
    MG5_2.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 71
  • MG5_3.jpeg
    MG5_3.jpeg
    302.4 KB · Views: 63
Are the tyre pressure sensors anything special?
I picked up a set of 4 originally alloys a while back and after reading you post I am now thinking of getting some Cross Climates fitted to those with a set of new sensors.

Are the tyre pressure sensors anything special?
I picked up a set of 4 originally alloys a while back and after reading you post I am now thinking of getting some Cross Climates fitted to those with a set of new sensors.
Not that I know of. I don't even know the make. My local tyre centre has been great over the years and have helped me out several times. I just left them to it. £60 plus vat fitted. I just left them the new alloys and tyres and picked the car up 3 hours later. First of all I spoke to my local MG dealer and he was far from enthusiastic, saying that they could be a real pain to programme.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom