MG5 EV wins award

AdamMGEV

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
When you consider the space and range that the MG5 offer for the money it has pretty much a Monopoly as Best Value Electric car, but (and keeping with the Monopoly theme), it ain't likely to win second prize in a beauty contest.
Lol true but I think its better looking than the leaf and a lot of others so its practical, cheap for an EV and a good car, cant have everything I guess

It’s in the eye of the beholder and from some angles it has some appeal, for me there’s 2, 1 from the rear, I think there’s a bit of individuality and 2 when I shut my eyes. My how does it look opinion has been overshadowed by how much it will continue to save me money 🤔🤪

I can't see the wheels whilst I'm driving so it doesn't bother me much. Seeing the difference in the price of tyres matters more to me.

I can't see the wheels whilst I'm driving so it doesn't bother me much. Seeing the difference in the price of tyres matters more to me.
Agreed it more about your inside surroundings, and for me it’s a nice place to be...; I don’t have a issue with the outside either being honest.

Just received my Red Exclusive. What a car, so fast. Came from a 1.9 diesel and my god I love electric. Great car!
I have had mine for 6 weeks and fully agree. I came from a 1.6 diesel and found the demo drive astonishing. However, all things come to an end at some point; now I have got used to it, it doesn't seem quite as quick. Fact of life I guess.

I have had mine for 6 weeks and fully agree. I came from a 1.6 diesel and found the demo drive astonishing. However, all things come to an end at some point; now I have got used to it, it doesn't seem quite as quick. Fact of life I guess.
In 10 years time everyone will be doing 0-60 in 3 seconds :-/ and the roads will be a crazy dangerous place as no one will hear you coming and it'll be so fast you won't have time to get out of the way :-/

I wonder if the additional deaths from people accelerating too fast with not a lot of sound will outweigh the health cleaner air benefits.

It may well be excessively stereotypical to say this, but much of the preoccupation with 0-60 times come from the USA, where it always seems to be the headline stat. European drivers have greater need to negotiate corners. In my youth I had a number of performance cars; drank fuel with the same speed they travelled at. Of late, my various diesels have consistently outperformed them on paper if not so much in their visceral experience. I appreciate the immediate throttle response far more than absolute performance with electric. The reality in this country is that traffic congestion will be the principal speed control.

Autonomous driving will be a big thing that influences how people use their cars i think. More and more cars will be controlled by the speed limits using technology.

I bought the MG5 as my practical daily, thinking I will buy a nice weekend ICE car.... but instead I’m spoilt by the BEV and not wanting an ICE car any more. So I’m holding out for the BEV to catch up and bring an EV drivers car....
I’m totally drooling over the Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo.... but can’t afford it... 😂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom