MG5 FL KERS button not working

Klaus

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Took delivery of my new MG5 Long Range not even 4 weeks ago.
KERS defaults to '2' when starting the car and can only be switched to '1'. Switching from '1' to '2' or from '2' to '3' not possible.
Took the car in for a repair but was told that this is the way the KERS system works for the MG5.
The owners manual tells a different story though.

Does anyone else have experienced problems with the KERS?

Yes, it defaults to normal mode (2).

I assume you are pulling the switch back, to get eco. What are you doing to try to select 2 or 1 from there?

Last edited:
KERS defaults to '2' when starting the car and can only be switched to '1'. Switching from '1' to '2' or from '2' to '3' not possible.
Took the car in for a repair but was told that this is the way the KERS system works for the MG5.

I have the pre face lift car and it also defaults to Normal and ‘2’.
Way back when I got the car the joke was that we employed the
“Pensioner’s Pinch” to get eco and regen ‘3’ by pinching the regen switch forward with the thumb and at the same time pinching the power selector back with the forefinger.
But I can choose any setting with either switch stationary or mobile.
I don’t know if it’s meant to be the same with the face lift model - I’ve never seen one.

It is astonishing how little some dealers staff know about the cars that they sell. Yes it does always switch to 2 when turned on but you should be able to change it to 1 or 3 by pulling or pushing the button.

As people have said it will default to 2 which personally I leave it at but you can change it.

If i have it round the right way in my head.
From 2 push forward and it goes to 3.
From 2 pull towards you and it goes to 1.

If you are in 3 pull towards you goes to 2 pull again and goes to 1.

If in 1 push goes to 2 push again to 3.

Hi, what is the SOC as it won't go into kers3 above 97% SOC

I've FL (Mar '23), but have not encountered the issue. As someone else mentioned it wont let me if high % battery.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom