MG5 FL replace rear interior bulb.

kevin ellard

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has anyone managed to replace the rear interior bulbs on the MG5 face lift? I've replaced the fronts with led bulbs and it makes a big difference. I can't work out how to remove the cover on the rears. I don't want to break anything while prising the covers off.

Thanks for the reply. Mine didn't look like the the ones in that version of the manual but it did encourage me to look at the manual in the car ( what a painful process it is to scroll through 230 pages on the navi screen) and found the relevant section. If anyone else is considering it, the diagram in the manual doesn't make it really clear that you prise off the cover at the hinge end furthest away from the switch part. I got got of mine off and back on again without doing any damage but I wouldn't want to do it again a few years down the line when the plastic has hardened any more.
The LED bulbs make quite a difference.

Hello I know I am almost a year late but, how did you actually remove the bulbs? I’m trying to pull it out but it does not want to move

Hello I know I am almost a year late but, how did you actually remove the bulbs? I’m trying to pull it out but it does not want to move
I haven't done the back yet but I did do the front ones. It was real bugger to get out. Lot more force than you think.

I haven't done the back yet but I did do the front ones. It was real bugger to get out. Lot more force than you think.
So it is about force. I’m scared to break them haha. I’m trying literally right now to remove the back ones but the space is so tight I can’t even get my fingers around it.

Attachments

• IMG_0986.jpeg
    IMG_0986.jpeg
    614.1 KB · Views: 41
So it is about force. I’m scared to break them haha. I’m trying literally right now to remove the back ones but the space is so tight I can’t even get my fingers around it.
Looks similar to the front. Looking at that picture i would make sure to have a finger on the black housing to make i didn't damage it. May be a little wiggle as you try to pull it. Obviously use you own judgment :)

Seeing how thats looks it is way better than you front ones. With those when I tried to push the bulb in it popped out the back of the white plastic housing. I had to completely remove the white housing to put it back in.

As you look at your picture the 2 pins are one above the other so if you try and move the bulb a little up and down it should gradually lever the pins out a little. Once it has started moving it shouldn't be so bad.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom