MG5 Floor Mats - separate?

Andytizer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have just bought an MG5 and noticed that when I brought it home, I did not have any floor mats in the car. I emailed the dealership, but they have said "I am sorry for the delay in answering,I have checked with sales and no mats were ordered with this car.The mats have to be purchased separately from accessories."

I had no idea that floor mats are separate, is that right? Does anyone have recommendations on floor mats they bought, there seem to be a lot of options online.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Best I could find at the the time for something that heavy. We're close to the beach here and there will be a fair bit of sand carried in on shoes to wear anything on the floor.

Thanks. £40.99 for 5mm justified?
I wondered. I found this, though. See here:

The thick Cobadot stuff is forty five quid a meter in small quantities (including Vicious Added Tax). Then you'd need to add shipping and sort out the reinforced/shaped fastening holes for the front mats.

It really doesn't look very economical to DIY.

Aghh wasn't eBay. Here's the link. There's a range of thicknesses and materials. I had the 5mm rubber ones.

Coin pattern vs Raised Diamond pattern : which one is better/recommended? Thanks (coin pattern is out of stock but I am happy to wait for it to be back in stock if this is better / preferred)
I did think that Coin patterns would be easier to waah/clean. Thanks

The MG mats for the 5 are not great quality, a bit thin. I got some Michelin rubber mats from Costco for £30.99, good quality and good value. You do have to be a member.

Hard to believe they don't throw in the mats when you buy the car. I got mine along with a type2-type2 charging cable as a buying incentive. I see a lot of dealers on Autotrader also advertise free first year road tax which is pretty generous :) .

Hard to believe they don't throw in the mats when you buy the car. I got mine along with a type2-type2 charging cable as a buying incentive. I see a lot of dealers on Autotrader also advertise free first year road tax which is pretty generous :) .
I'm surprised they're not doing a deal and offering the first 3 years road tax for free.... ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom