MG5 insurance

Severnless

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Going to pick my car up on Saturday (very excited šŸ˜†) so Iā€™ve been on the insurance Merry go round.. trying to get a decent quote under Ā£500
Eventually went with Churchill at Ā£420
What a palaver, none of the online comparison sites would work as the reg no is so new, they donā€™t recognise it! Plus they donā€™t even list the MG5 in the drop down menus! Grrr
So my question is...... who do you have your insurance with and how much?

I have had the same problems as you. When I used the comparison websites they could not find the ZS EV. To get an idea of the price I ā€œnickedā€ a registration number from Autotrader.

I am currently with Aviva but the only reason I am with them is that I got a 40% staff discount and I am paying Ā£180 for my current ZS. I no longer work for them so I am searching for quotes. LV and Saga come in at under Ā£250.

When my car is registered I will be able to get the exact quote.

make sure you say MG UK as the manufacturer i got Ā£250 from Admiral
Yep did notice that.. still didnā€™t list the 5 but did list the mg 6!?

I have had the same problems as you. When I used the comparison websites they could not find the ZS EV. To get an idea of the price I ā€œnickedā€ a registration number from Autotrader.

I am currently with Aviva but the only reason I am with them is that I got a 40% staff discount and I am paying Ā£180 for my current ZS. I no longer work for them so I am searching for quotes. LV and Saga come in at under Ā£250.

When my car is registered I will be able to get the exact quote.
Mrs Severnless has a MG ZS and she payed Ā£290 so it seems the 5 is more of an insurance risk than the zs.
And to think I pay Ā£180 for the E class Merc! Hay ho

Put "MG Motors UK" as the make and the ZS and the MG5 should be listed.
SWMBO used LV for her 5, no problem, transferred over from her old Prius.

Put "MG Motors UK" as the make and the ZS and the MG5 should be listed.
SWMBO used LV for her 5, no problem, transferred over from her old Prius.
Ended up ringing LV, their best quote was Ā£565!!!
not very good at all, i thought going direct to LV would be good as Mrs Severnless has the ZS with them for Ā£290..
As for the MG uk please see post#4

Ended up ringing LV, their best quote was Ā£565!!!
not very good at all, i thought going direct to LV would be good as Mrs Severnless has the ZS with them for Ā£290..
As for the MG uk please see post#4
SWMBO's was Ā£187 renewal for the Prius a week before we got the 5, then Ā£18 to change so Ā£205 in total

Ā£290 fully comp on the MG5 Excite with Halifax based on full no claims and no pints on licence.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom