MG5 Long Range (New 2022 version) - Owner's Manual?

mickw

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I've got an MG5 LR Trophy on order but I can't find anywhere a pdf copy of the owner's manual. (Would be nice to get familiar with it in the several months I'll probably be waiting for the car...)

MG's own (UK) website doesn't appear to have a manual for the new MG5 version.

Does anyone have the manual please as a pdf which could be shared, or maybe a link to where I can get it from the internet?

Many thanks

I went for a test drive at my local dealer earlier and they reckoned 3 - 4 weeks for a facelift MG5. 12 - 16 weeks for an MG4.

I was told that as well (4 weeks) when I ordered mine last week, (apparently the info was on some MG bulletin they had last Monday). But he said it's a bit of a lottery really, particularly regarding whether I get lucky regarding chosen colour. Reading between the lines and going from what others on here have said I'm expecting something around January.

By then I should be pretty much up to scratch on the user manual - if I can get access to it!

I've got an MG5 LR Trophy on order but I can't find anywhere a pdf copy of the owner's manual. (Would be nice to get familiar with it in the several months I'll probably be waiting for the car...)

MG's own (UK) website doesn't appear to have a manual for the new MG5 version.

Does anyone have the manual please as a pdf which could be shared, or maybe a link to where I can get it from the internet?

Many thanks
The manual will be virtually identical to the current, barring a few obvious differences as it is essentially the same car with a new nose and lights and a new infotainment (where you change the settings) which is itself in a separate document anyway.
So familiarise yourself with the current car then you will only have the differences to explore later.

Thanks Gomev - I'll have a look at the existing MG5 handbook.
Regarding the separate documentation for infotainment - is that available as PDF on the internet, and are there different docs for particular models (MG4, ZS, MG5) or is it one size fits all (although obviously some features won't be available on some models/trim levels)?

Hi Mickw as above mainly the same car but you will find lots of info on the YouTube channel and Teck&wheels with Pat I have put you a link below which may help on his channel there is lots of info for you and on some of his videos he some times does them in a couple of different languages but you will get the idea
Les

They are available online but you need a VIN to access them from the website. I only get the dutch version presented with my VIN. I can take a look if the uk/com url will yield a usable link.

I have also included a manual on how to update the satnav maps.

Last edited:
jpvdheijn - Thank you so much - that's brilliant!

I had been debating whether to nip to my local dealer and jot down the VIN of the showroom car to enter into the webpage, but you've saved me the trouble - Thanks!

I am currently also perparing to update my satnav maps. I will report on the manual if there are any remarks that are not being mentioned. Also I will check what time it will take to update the satnav maps. The file itself is very large 15GB.

As also mentioned in video's on youtube, the satnav is not the same as what MG would use in China. There are trade embargo's for chinese companies to use there SW in Europe. The partnered up with Telenav I see from the file downloaded from the website.

A small update not found in the MG document but important. Make sure your USB drive is FAT32 or eXFAT formatted. Only then the installation will be successful. installation takes between 15 and 30 minutes.

Hello

The link above is not working for me. Does anyone have a working link?

Many thanks

They are available online but you need a VIN to access them from the website. I only get the dutch version presented with my VIN. I can take a look if the uk/com url will yield a usable link.

I have also included a manual on how to update the satnav maps.

Can you share which website you got this from (I have my VIN number now...).

Can you share which website you got this from (I have my VIN number now...).
Go to the mg website and then owners portal. There you have to put in your vin. Then you get access to all the documents. It seems like mg is making it temporarily available

Unfortunately even with my UK VIN I get the same EU left hand drive vehicle manual when trying on. Mgmotors.eu— and there isn’t an equivalent site on mg.co.uk ☹️

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom