MG5 Long Range Roof Rack Options

Knuttt

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has anyone tried these:- eBay Roof Bars?

I have the new long range so at least I have some options s but the official MG rack is a bit pricey…

Andy

Attachments

• 09D4AB36-65EA-46E4-A618-D1DF5BAFFB07.png
    09D4AB36-65EA-46E4-A618-D1DF5BAFFB07.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 291
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I used a set of through bars that I had from my Grand Cmax - worked fine although not approved (is anything for MG5?).

I know that @MilesperkWh had some on his video - I think it was this flush set from Roofbox.co.uk (need to search for ZS as MG5 doesn't return results).

The set you've listed look similar to the Yakima S45 Aero-X bars - compare dimensions, etc and might be fine.

Thank you Biffo.

I hope the rack off my Mondeo estate would have fitted but remarkably the MG5 bars were too far apart! :-(

I'll have a look at those links, thank you.

Andy

Blimey this cheap PJ, wish I'd seen that but have taken a punt on the ebay ones I saw originally as the shop is local and they've promised if they don't fit, I can have my money back.

Andy

I’ve used my old Yakima whispbar roof rack from my old Skoda scout. Works fine, no issues with carrying boards/bike.

Has anyone tried these:- eBay Roof Bars?

I have the new long range so at least I have some options s but the official MG rack is a bit pricey…

Andy
Hi
I bought some of those menabo brio roof bars off eBay for my mg5
I test fitted them the other day between the rain showers and they fit spot on
I got them for £38 (a bargain compared to the mg ones)
Just got to decide what roof box to get now
Hope this helps
Ian
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As the seller was local and before I’d seen the cheaper ones, I brought the eBay ones for £120. The seller actually can out and fitted them himself, and I must say I’m quite pleased overall.

Andy

Hi all.

I struggled to find any reference to roofbar models on the forums. So thought I would help. Anybody looking for roof bars, I would recommend Aguiri Prestige II. They are a fraction of the cost of Whisperbar/ Yakima and easier to source here in Ireland.

Installed Aguri Prestige II S-9 onto the MG5. Works a treat. There are stainless versions of these also available. See pics below.
Photo 22-02-2022, 13 50 37.jpg

Hi all.

I struggled to find any reference to roofbar models on the forums. So thought I would help. Anybody looking for roof bars, I would recommend Aguiri Prestige II. They are a fraction of the cost of Whisperbar/ Yakima and easier to source here in Ireland.

Installed Aguri Prestige II S-9 onto the MG5. Works a treat. There are stainless versions of these also available. See pics below. View attachment 7116
Hello Fayowitz,

Where did you get your Aguri roofbars from, bought some the other week and the set they sent is of two different lengths so whilst the one fits, the other is nowhere near. Now returned them but there isn't the option on the website to specify length, so don't want the same thing to happen again.

Hello Fayowitz,

Where did you get your Aguri roofbars from, bought some the other week and the set they sent is of two different lengths so whilst the one fits, the other is nowhere near. Now returned them but there isn't the option on the website to specify length, so don't want the same thing to happen again.
They need to be different lengths. S-9 is the box containing P5 and P3 roof bars. Are you sure you don’t have them mixed up. Front has longer bars (P5) and back has the shorter ones (P3) if I can recall

Hello Fayowitz,

They need to be different lengths. S-9 is the box containing P5 and P3 roof bars. Are you sure you don’t have them mixed up. Front has longer bars (P5) and back has the shorter ones (P3) if I can recall

My box came with a P5 and a P0 (800-850mm). May need to go back to the original site and see if I can get the right one.

Guys

Can anyone with an exclusive tell me the distance between the roof rails, I want to order bars for my car for when I collect it next week, I need to get the widest bars I can without them protruding too far from the side of the roof, it's to put 2 kayaks on. They're not heavy just wide😉 be interesting to see how much they effect range 🤔

Guys

Can anyone with an exclusive tell me the distance between the roof rails, I want to order bars for my car for when I collect it next week, I need to get the widest bars I can without them protruding too far from the side of the roof, it's to put 2 kayaks on. They're not heavy just wide😉 be interesting to see how much they effect range 🤔
I use Atera SIGNO RT 122cm bars (as I already owned them) - not sure if you can see the width clearly.

Also, according to the manual, the car is 1818mm wide

A97F1182-4639-45F1-B1C3-331751F85299.jpegE0991E6A-B62B-4D1F-838A-1F91DC3FB532.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi
I bought some of those menabo brio roof bars off eBay for my mg5
I test fitted them the other day between the rain showers and they fit spot on
I got them for £38 (a bargain compared to the mg ones)
Just got to decide what roof box to get now
Hope this helps
Ian
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
1 x Menabo RB1040 Universal Aluminium Roof Bar Set for Raised Roof Rails 1.2m. £47.99

1 x Menabo RB1040 Universal Aluminium Roof Bar Set for Raised Roof Rails 1.2m. £47.99
That is a good price :)

Hi all.

Installed Aguri Prestige II S-9 onto the MG5. Works a treat. There are stainless versions of these also available. See pics below. View attachment 7116
Still working well for you? where did you find that sells the s9 all bits I've found seem to just list it by car not numbers.
got a link?

Is there anyone in the Romford/Havering area who can lend me their set of roof bars. I bought a set off ebay and they have arrived damaged and I need them for a weeks holiday in France this Friday.
Thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom