MG5 LR Charge Status Screen

Codders55

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi Folks. Having done our first long trip over Easter – 420 miles to Suffolk and back from Dorset, I successfully used a number of chargers to familiarise and test them out. Lessons learned, like avoid rapid chargers when you don’t need them – 79p per Kwh (Ouch!). I have one question and having trawled the forum I’m unable to find an answer. When the car is on charge, the charging status screen comes up and goes off after about 20 secs. While sat in the car, is there a way to get this screen up to see how things are progressing? If I go from off to standby to ready, lock or unlock the car it will come up for 20secs, but is there a way of simply just getting this screen up without doing something major? I read a post that says if, when outside, you DON’T have the key with you and touch the door unlock button it will come up or if you open a door or the boot, but it is a simple request of the system surely to have a way, while inside or outside the car, to access this? I have learned that you can sit in the car with it in ready mode or standby, have the heater on, listen to the radio etc. I know you can see the charger unit outside and get the info from there, but in the dark and rain it might not be possible. Am I being an idiot? Thanks for your thoughts!

IMG_1956.jpg

Inside the car press the "Home" button on the infotainment screen. You can see the charging screen in the second pane of the infotainment display. If you want more details press on the charging menu and you will be able to see the voltage / current/ state of charge/battery heating status.
When outside the car use the ismart app. Every time you refresh the charging management menu in the app you get all the info you need. But it will also wake up the main/driving screen in the car temporarily.

While in the car try pushing the brake pedal. If outside try using the lock/unlock button while the key is faradayed/not present.
No guarantees I'm afraid.

Thanks folks, I'll experiment further. Georgie, sorry, I think you are refering to the new MG5, I should have said, mine is 2021 - no doubt they have sorted it on the new one! Steve.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom