MG5 LR Pre-Facelift 6 month update

Ozzie1989

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all, haven't posted for a while but thought I'd share my 6 month update. Firstly I log everything so below is my costs split by business/personal mileage which are outstanding (I'd put £80 in for 400 miles in my last vehicle).

Business Miles4,792
Cost of Business Miles£134.46
Personal Miles3,130
Cost of Personal Miles£87.93
Home Charging£185.62
Away Charging£36.78

I am lucky in that 95% of my home charging has been done within the Octopus Go window at 7.5p with good planning. Away charging has been from longer trips, but again with good planning and the use of Bonnet etc. I've had some for free and/or at a discounted rate.

In terms of the car I'm used to the software quirks now (e.g. having to turn on speed limiter every time I get in). Auto main beam is useless bordering dangerous so that stays off and I do wish there was a way to turn off the DRLs when parked. I do use MG Pilot a lot on the motorway and have come to enjoy it. Android auto connects first time 99% of the time now.

I've had no major issues to speak of. In terms of minor issues the occasional freeze of the infotainment screen has occurred, but nothing a long press of the button to reboot hasn't resolved. I have a slight rattle somewhere in the rear that comes and goes and, when it's below freezing, the front suspension likes to make a faint noise for a few miles over speed bumps. Neither are a major concern at this stage though.

Tyres etc. are all good, plenty of life left in those. Brake discs and pads have barely worn in. Chassis and components still look good, even after the recent weeks of salt on the road, with no visible surface rust/deterioration. Under the bonnet and cover is starting to look a bit dusty, but nothing a light hose wouldn't solve.

All in all it's been a good 6 months! Happy new year all 👍🏻🙂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom