MG5 Maximum luggage length with seats down?

DomGo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me what the maximum distance is, in an MG5 (2022 ideally) from the sill of the boot to the back of the driver's seat when the rear seats are folded?
I've searched everywhere, to no avail!
Many thanks,
Dom

Hi, just measured it as 1650mm
Thank you so much - I've been tearing my hair out trying to get this info!
It's pretty incredible that this number is absolutely nowhere on the internet.
You'd think quite a few people who buy an estate car would want to know this... but there's only volume or rear boot dimensions with seats up.
Jomarkh, you're a star!

It may also be worth mentioning that the seats don’t fold flat (unless you remove the bench first)

You can get 3 metre lengths of guttering in, diagonally, as long as you haven't got a front seat passenger.

Hard to find because it's a variable, depends how far back you have your car seat...
Thank you, I think that's fairly obvious! But there'll be a minimum maximum, if you get my drift! It's a measurement that's available for lots of other cars and fairly important if you regularly carry larger items. Like bodies ;)

It may also be worth mentioning that the seats don’t fold flat (unless you remove the bench first)
Thank you MickeySw - yes, I've seen a useful thread on here - it seems it's not super easy but it's do-able - and I'll be doing it, carefully.

You can get 3 metre lengths of guttering in, diagonally, as long as you haven't got a front seat passenger.
Thanks Verdigris. Again - this is exactly the kind of real world information that's genuinely useful when trying to decide whether to buy a car or not.
Trying to figure out whether one can use tow bars or roof racks for the various iterations of the MG5 seems worthy of membership to Mensa.

Based on previous feedback on this forum I went ahead & removed the rear seat base (FL). Given the base has a metal frame I was careful, but all was well. It took a five minutes (need to disconnect the seat belt wire connectors). And it fits nicely in the floor well. I recommend a firm pull (8-12inches in from each end), but nothing excessive.

Based on previous feedback on this forum I went ahead & removed the rear seat base (FL). Given the base has a metal frame I was careful, but all was well. It took a five minutes (need to disconnect the seat belt wire connectors). And it fits nicely in the floor well. I recommend a firm pull (8-12inches in from each end), but nothing excessive.
Thank you - Super helpful.
Based on all the answers received on this forum, I have now gone ahead and bought an MG5.

Yay!

I see, elsethread, that the 5 will be replaced by a "long-boyed" 4, fairly soon.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom