MG5 - New owner questions

Gcat10

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, picked up my new LR last week and loving the drive. I was a bit concerned about how quickly the charge was dropping after only a short journey (33% for 34 miles, mostly dual carriageway) but I've been assured this will get better after a few weeks of battery conditioning. Even today, a similar journey (30 miles) only used 15% and in similar temperatures (-3c) Anyone else had this?

Also, the roads where I live are quite bendy for 10 miles before the dual carriageway. I can switch off items such as lane warning and the likes but these all reset to normal when starting the car again. Can I save my own personal settings to suit me?

Thanks, still learning.
IMG_20220305_172217.jpg

Hi Gcst10, I have the 2021 SR Mg5 and early use was similar to yours. I get just under 3 miles per KW hr at this time of the year which gives me a range of about 150 miles on a long run. With your bigger battery capacity you should get close to 200 miles on a full charge at normal speeds. I am told by others this will increase as the weather becomes warmer. Enjoy passing the filling stations and not having to pay £1.50 a litre.

Hmmn, iirc I just turned off the things I didn't want in the infotainment system and they stayed off. Only really use ACC myself, find the rest annoying. As for range I've found I get about 2 miles for each battery % since I got the car this winter. Starting to get a bit better now the weather is warming up. I do drive in 'Eco' with 'KERS 3' most of the time and my commute is mostly A roads/Motorway.

I have an SR and the range drops slightly quicker from 100% as kers doesn't kick in until 95-97% due to the battery is already full.
I am currently doing 3.4m/kwh but got 4.3m/kwh during the summer.
I am happy with 2 miles per 1%.
If the GOM seems wierd try resetting the long term trip.

With so many new owners picking up there cars now and in the next few weeks there are couple of bits of advice it might be worth sharing with you before you fall foul of them.
1 when you are charged over 97% the KERs won’t kick in and you will not get the slowing down effect which KERS normally provides, I found this a bit disconcerting having used KERs to slow down before braking.
2 when you start the car let it fully engage and beep before you start selecting gears as this can result in the car not responding and may require switch off and restart.
3 do not rely on the GOM ( guess o meter) as it will almost certainly not be accurate depending on your driving habit.

There are probably others but hopefully anyone reading this will at least be pre warned of the three regular issues.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom