RBrown

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi. I've had my PFL MG5 LR for about 8 months. This week a new symbol appeared at the top of the driver's screen. I don't think that I've ever seen it before, and I don't seem to be able to find it in the owner's manual.

Driving on the motorway using adaptive cruise control as usual, I noticed a new to me green symbol that looks like three cars in a queue. I (think) that the lane-keep-assist felt stronger than usual - I keep it on the lighter setting (but not off). I checked the settings, and I hadn't accidentally changed them.

This hasn't happened again. What is/was this?

Yes it is, it’s activated by pulling the cruise control stalk towards you twice, IMHO it’s superior to the lane assist function
I'd agree it feels better, but I'm not sure why.

To cancel traffic jam assist, push the cruise control stick all the way away from you.

I'd agree it feels better, but I'm not sure why.
I think lane assist only works above certain speeds and pulls you back when gone across the line while traffic jam assist works even going slow and actively steers the car preventing it from veering off in the first place.

You may have activated pilot fully, you’d also see the lane markings go blue on the display.

On motorways It usually works quite well other than sometimes getting grumpy about keeping hands in the wheel if you don’t resist its wheel nudges enough.

On normal driving I have the LKA In alert only mode given the number of times it’s been confused in roadworks.etc I’d rather not have it trying to intervene.

I do use Adaptive cruise in roadworks but usually turn pilot off because of the above issue with temporary lane markings.

Last edited:
Hi. I've had my PFL MG5 LR for about 8 months. This week a new symbol appeared at the top of the driver's screen. I don't think that I've ever seen it before, and I don't seem to be able to find it in the owner's manual.

Driving on the motorway using adaptive cruise control as usual, I noticed a new to me green symbol that looks like three cars in a queue. I (think) that the lane-keep-assist felt stronger than usual - I keep it on the lighter setting (but not off). I checked the settings, and I hadn't accidentally changed them.

This hasn't happened again. What is/was this?
That is the symbol for MG Pilot in the pre-facelift. From the manual....

1711706131367.png

Hi everyone. Thanks for the replies - I posted a thanks yesterday, but it never seems to have appeared?!

Your explanations are spot-on. I must have pulled the cruise control stalk twice without realising. I had thought that I had read the manual properly, but clearly hadn't! I had thought that MGPilot was active for the last eight months! I'm looking forward to trying it again next time I'm on the motorway.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom