MG5 Order (was - on the way) DELIVERED 🤟

mailmannz

Established Member
Reaction score
Last week I pushed the button on ordering the new MG5 LR in Hampstead Grey and yesterday got confirmation back from the dealer of expected delivery date around 30 April next year. Which I guess in the context of things isnt to long to wait?

The family and I have test driven quite a few EV's these last few months starting with the Kona (absolutely loved it but couldn't get ahold of one for love nor money), the Peugeot 2008 (meh), Renault Megane (liked it more than we loved it), MG4 (LOVED it buuuuuut no roof bars which is an absolute must for us), Polestar 2 (LOVED IT but too pricey), Audi Q4 etron 40 (how can you sell a car that doesnt exist anywhere in the universe?), BMW iX (REALLY loved it but need to win lotto for this one!) and so on....but settled on the MG5 as just being practical for what we needed :)

As we have bikes and kayaks and dogs we needed something with a bit of size and practicality and something that didnt cost the earth, especially with the coming tax changes (no doubt followed by more tax changes we dont know about BUUUUUT we all know taxes are the crack cocaine of Governments everywhere! :unsure:;)).

We also predominately travel local (school run) and maybe 50 mile round trip drive once a month with a very occasional once every 3-4 months trip to Norfolk and the like. so the MG5 just seemed...practical...for our needs :) Not a flashy badge (which really would have been the only reason I would have ordered Audi, BMW or Polestar).

As its through work I couldn't quite bring myself to a 4 year lease and instead chose a 3 year lease on the thinking that after 2 years I can kick the tyres on something slightly more upmarket, assuming a 12 month lead time, and enjoy something a little more refined in to my retirement :)

But yeah, looking forward to seeing how we go with our very first electric car. Fingers crossed delivery is April and not some time in August!! ;)

Last week I pushed the button on ordering the new MG5 LR in Hampstead Grey and yesterday got confirmation back from the dealer of expected delivery date around 30 April next year. Which I guess in the context of things isnt to long to wait?

The family and I have test driven quite a few EV's these last few months starting with the Kona (absolutely loved it but couldn't get ahold of one for love nor money), the Peugeot 2008 (meh), Renault Megane (liked it more than we loved it), MG4 (LOVED it buuuuuut no roof bars which is an absolute must for us), Polestar 2 (LOVED IT but too pricey), Audi Q4 etron 40 (how can you sell a car that doesnt exist anywhere in the universe?), BMW iX (REALLY loved it but need to win lotto for this one!) and so on....but settled on the MG5 as just being practical for what we needed :)

As we have bikes and kayaks and dogs we needed something with a bit of size and practicality and something that didnt cost the earth, especially with the coming tax changes (no doubt followed by more tax changes we dont know about BUUUUUT we all know taxes are the crack cocaine of Governments everywhere! :unsure:;)).

We also predominately travel local (school run) and maybe 50 mile round trip drive once a month with a very occasional once every 3-4 months trip to Norfolk and the like. so the MG5 just seemed...practical...for our needs :) Not a flashy badge (which really would have been the only reason I would have ordered Audi, BMW or Polestar).

As its through work I couldn't quite bring myself to a 4 year lease and instead chose a 3 year lease on the thinking that after 2 years I can kick the tyres on something slightly more upmarket, assuming a 12 month lead time, and enjoy something a little more refined in to my retirement :)

But yeah, looking forward to seeing how we go with our very first electric car. Fingers crossed delivery is April and not some time in August!! ;)
Hey

I think you went through a similar process but I did originally order a ZS then gave up after the shamble ordering process and will soon get my MG5 Facelift.

As a note I saw a YouTube video on how towing and roof bars affect m/kwh. What did surprise me was that a bike on roof bars was worse than a top box. With this in mind I am looking at bikes on the back rather than on the roof bars. Just food for thought.

Morgs,

Im not too worried about milage with the roof bars as we will only ever being going to local rivers and triathlons where efficiency isnt so necessary. Having said that, if I do end up driving to, say, Holkham for their half IM next summer then the bike will go in the car instead of on the roof. Im guessing that doing that kind of distance is where efficiency becomes a little more important :)

Morgs,

Im not too worried about milage with the roof bars as we will only ever being going to local rivers and triathlons where efficiency isnt so necessary. Having said that, if I do end up driving to, say, Holkham for their half IM next summer then the bike will go in the car instead of on the roof. Im guessing that doing that kind of distance is where efficiency becomes a little more important :)
Makes sense to me :)

I just got one of these, Luscombe Leeds have a ton in stock at the moment if you order from them you won’t have to wait.

Good evening all,

I did have order MG ZS back in June last year. December 2022 I have being updated that stated: will take 6 more months for the car to arrive. So my dealer have offered me MG5 which is available in the country and waiting for new owner.

After test drive I did have updated my order to MG5 on 10th of December and the car was due to arrive from the port on 17th of December because of this I did have pay my full deposit for the car. Todays is 07/01/2023 and the car is still not arrvide.

Base on everything above I have two questions:
1) How long is normal for one car to be moved from the port to the dealership?
2) If I decide to cancel the order can I get full refund of my deposit?

Best regards Todor Radnev

Good evening all,

I did have order MG ZS back in June last year. December 2022 I have being updated that stated: will take 6 more months for the car to arrive. So my dealer have offered me MG5 which is available in the country and waiting for new owner.

After test drive I did have updated my order to MG5 on 10th of December and the car was due to arrive from the port on 17th of December because of this I did have pay my full deposit for the car. Todays is 07/01/2023 and the car is still not arrvide.

Base on everything above I have two questions:
1) How long is normal for one car to be moved from the port to the dealership?
2) If I decide to cancel the order can I get full refund of my deposit?

Best regards Todor Radnev
Mine took roughly 2-3 weeks to come from the port. I collected 23rd Dec.

Saying that it was a preorder I picked up so not sure how long it was sitting at the port before the dealer assigned it to me.
My one is the same preorder. But is very frustrating because I have wait 6 months for ZS, to being told to wait 6 more, or get MG5 in 10 days! :)
But that still not happening. :)
However do you know how long is taking for one new car to be registered?

My one is the same preorder. But is very frustrating because I have wait 6 months for ZS, to being told to wait 6 more, or get MG5 in 10 days! :)
But that still not happening. :)
However do you know how long is taking for one new car to be registered?
If you see above I was in the same boat. I ordered ZS in March and was told the same as you. Mine was registered and I had the paperwork before the car arrived.

I would have thought a week or so to reach the dealer from the port then another week to prep the car wouldn't be unreasonable. But that's just my guess.

I imagine you will have a long wait if you cancel this order in favour of a different new car.

I would have thought a week or so to reach the dealer from the port then another week to prep the car wouldn't be unreasonable. But that's just my guess.

I imagine you will have a long wait if you cancel this order in favour of a different new car.

I did have expected to take 2 to 3 weeks but now is more than 4. However I will contact the dealer this coming week to see how the situation develops.
However everyone's patience have limits and after the have missed 3 deadlines setup by them, sometimes is good to move away.
I am thinking for 1 year old Kia or Hyundai or eventually 2020 Tesla model 3 which will be available for immediate collection.

Here's a new Mk I Excite at a quite good price.

Actually if you search Autotrader for new cars only you will find quite a few MG5 Mk I fir immediate collection.

I ordered a LR Trophy last July. Estimated delivery Dec, Jan. I am due to take delivery tomorrow. It came in just before Xmas but saw it last week week at my dealer Chorley MG waiting ther with number plates on and PDI'd. All as promised. What more can I say.

Good some good news earlier in the week. The car was at a port somewhere awaiting delivery to the dealer and it should be with me mid February! :)

Not bad for a early December order! Really am looking forward to the car coming. I have fond memories of estates as a child AND my most absolute fav vehicle Ive ever owned was a 2006 Audi A6 estate (I kid you not, I could get 5 hay bales in to the back of that bad boy!!!). Lets hope this one lives up to expectations ;)

Well I went to Chorley MG on the 12th to pick up my new MG5. All ok car ready till Simon tried to get out of passenger side. Door wouldn't open. I had to let him out. We went for some dinner down the road while it was sorted. It wasn't. I went home in a ZS ev. My MG5 was delivered to me the next day. Went across to Manchester on Saturday. What can I say. It just works. Now washed and cleaned in garage as I have several other cars and want to fit dashcam and hatchbag load space cover. Installed space saver spare and have correct bolts for steel wheels. Spare is unused and clean ,all for ÂŁ50 on Ebay. Ordered car mats , arrived yesterday. Now fully charged awaiting a trip to Llyn Brenig but weather has been more suitable for my Land Rover.

Well I went to Chorley MG on the 12th to pick up my new MG5. All ok car ready till Simon tried to get out of passenger side. Door wouldn't open. I had to let him out. We went for some dinner down the road while it was sorted. It wasn't. I went home in a ZS ev. My MG5 was delivered to me the next day. Went across to Manchester on Saturday. What can I say. It just works. Now washed and cleaned in garage as I have several other cars and want to fit dashcam and hatchbag load space cover. Installed space saver spare and have correct bolts for steel wheels. Spare is unused and clean ,all for ÂŁ50 on Ebay. Ordered car mats , arrived yesterday. Now fully charged awaiting a trip to Llyn Brenig but weather has been more suitable for my Land Rover.
Do you have a link for the space saver spare?

Just search Mg5 spare wheel on Ebay. Supplied by a company called germantyres 123 in Market Drayton. Came with Jack and wheel brace, which was new in sealed polythene bag. ÂŁ49 delivered. I also bought some wheel bolts to suit steel wheels as they use a spherical profile instead of the conical profile of an alloy wheel. I made a large washer and used a 40mm M8 bolt to secure in the car. I will purchase a full size spare if one come up for sale.

Just search Mg5 spare wheel on Ebay. Supplied by a company called germantyres 123 in Market Drayton. Came with Jack and wheel brace, which was new in sealed polythene bag. ÂŁ49 delivered. I also bought some wheel bolts to suit steel wheels as they use a spherical profile instead of the conical profile of an alloy wheel. I made a large washer and used a 40mm M8 bolt to secure in the car. I will purchase a full size spare if one come up for sale.
Can you confirm the size of the tyre on the spare? Is it 125/90R15 or 125/70R16?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom