MG5 PFL squeaking noise from suspension

ktylerdurdenk

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hello. I've been noticing a squeaking noise every time I drive over a bump. I took the car to the garage, and they confirmed that the suspension is solid. However, they couldn't identify the source of the noise. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Any insights would be appreciated.

see

Thanks. Interesting :D my mechanic suggested the same solution and even applied some grease. Although the temperature increased to 10°C, the squeaking noise persisted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah mine squeaks when it's dry for a while.
And I just happen to live on an estate with speed bumps:rolleyes:

My MG ZS EV howls like a banshee when reversing down our moderately sloped driveway. If the front brakes are wet, it doesn't do it.

Someone said back down the driveway in neutral. I saw no reason whatsoever for this to work, but I tried it and it works really well (not 100%, perhaps 98%). So for me, I get used to doing that, and it's just another MG niggle. Mine is a Mark 1 ZS; the Mark 2s seem to be a fair bit more refined.

In my case, the "proper" solution is to use the friction brakes more, but I find that to be less effective, and for me it goes against the grain to "waste" brake pad material.

I doubt that driving over speed bumps in neutral would work or be particularly practical, but in some extreme circumstances it might be worth a try.

Hello. I've been noticing a squeaking noise every time I drive over a bump. I took the car to the garage, and they confirmed that the suspension is solid. However, they couldn't identify the source of the noise. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Any insights would be appreciated.
I noticed a squeaking recently on speed bumps. My Daughter sat in the back suggested it came from the direction of my seat. For my part sitting in said seat it sounded to be in the back. The only thing between the two is indeed the seat, so I recon it is the seat that's causing the squeak in my car. It could be the same for yours.

Exactly the same problem and getting worse.. Have it booked in for inspection on 15th Feb . Will keep you updated

Thank you. I'm still unable to pinpoint the cause, and neither could the mechanic who inspected the car for me.

Mine does this and it’s front suspension bushes. A bit of a squirt with silicone spray sorts them out.
To be honest a number of my past cars have done this and it’s really common due to the type of bushes used in most vehicles.

My ZS ev did this mostly when I first set off but would last quite a while, I don’t know if the cars share any suspension related components though.

Mine does this and it’s front suspension bushes. A bit of a squirt with silicone spray sorts them out.
To be honest a number of my past cars have done this and it’s really common due to the type of bushes used in most vehicles.
Had this problem with various cars with void bushes, silicon spray usually sorts it

Got 1st service this morning.. Mentioned the squeaking noise.. Picked up the car with new anti roll Bar bushes.. Under warranty. Squeaking badly this morning.. Perfect now
20240404_151052.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom