MG5 Pre-Facelift Bluetooth Connection

ktylerdurdenk

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue where I need to manually connect my phone to the Bluetooth system each time I start the car. I've tested it on both Android and iPhone, and the problem persists. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried a different phone to rule that out as the cause?

Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue where I need to manually connect my phone to the Bluetooth system each time I start the car. I've tested it on both Android and iPhone, and the problem persists. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks in advance.
Is this a new or previously owned car. pre-facelift or a newer one (with an app) ?

I don't know if this is the problem but.......my pre- facelift can only auto connect to 3 different devices so any more will have to be done as you describe.
Look in the infotainment at the Bluetooth section and see how many devices it is paired to. Delete any that are not needed.

Thanks for the answers. It's a pre-facelift model, and I'm the second owner. Currently, there are only two phones added to the Bluetooth system (Samsung Galaxy and iPhone). Despite these devices being on the list, they require manual pairing every time the car is started, unlike my experience with the Hyundai Ioniq EV where the connection is automatic. Today, I'll attempt a factory reset and experiment with a few other phones to troubleshoot the issue.

A bit of a longshot, perhaps...

But have you tried removing (i.e., unpairing) those current phones (perhaps then turning the car off, waiting a short time then restarting the car) and then trying to repair them?

Thanks for the answers. It's a pre-facelift model, and I'm the second owner. Currently, there are only two phones added to the Bluetooth system (Samsung Galaxy and iPhone). Despite these devices being on the list, they require manual pairing every time the car is started, unlike my experience with the Hyundai Ioniq EV where the connection is automatic. Today, I'll attempt a factory reset and experiment with a few other phones to troubleshoot the issue.
Be careful with a factory reset, it's a bit like a desperate action of last resort, a sledgehammer and you never know what impact it may have on anything else.
Try the old disconnect the 12v battery for a few seconds and re-connect trick.

I attempted to remove and add the phones multiple times before, but without success. However, yesterday I performed a factory reset, and I'm pleased to report that the issue has been resolved. Now, when I start the car, the phone automatically connects. Thank you for all the helpful suggestions.

On the back of your post, had any got interference on calls via Bluetooth?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom