Mg5 radio dead ( now fixed )

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all, I am posting this as a separate item from the thread i posted the other day ( look below if you want to read it ) about a short holiday and 805 miles that I did in my MG5 trophy model, which all went very well but I did encounter a problem, hence this seprate post.

On the 2nd day the Radio went completely dead all my stations i had saved where still on the screen and I could change from one to another with out a problem just as normal, but there was no sound output at all from any of them.
I did try rebooting the infotainment panel a couple of times but that did nothing so I gave up for the time being as it wasn't essential.

So not to bothered at that time as we where busy site seeing around the cotswolds I just left it for a few days than on the day we where to travel home I switched it on again and just the same nothing I then remembered I have some music on my phone so I plugged that in and it worked right away but radio still had no sound output at all.
Anyhow today I was going to pay the dealer a visit but did not have time so tonight after tea I went out to my car and did a 12volt disconnect left it for 15 minutes and reconnected and hi presto all is fine again.
After 2 years of Mg5 ownership this has never happened before still don't know why but all is right now it would appear.
Les

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom