MG5 Range

conky5050

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
My MG5 less than 12 months old it used to hold on a full charge 348 miles range? Now on 100% full charge it’s only 241 miles range ? Why has it lost over 110 miles range on 100% fully charged?

The official range of an MG5 long range is around 240 miles, so the current figure is correct.

If you were seeing more than that at first, it was likely a fluke caused by a period of super-efficient driving prior to taking the reading.

The 240 (ish) miles figure is what you should get if you reset the trip computers before taking a reading.

What Jim said and add that the range shown is a guess and is affected by your driving style among other things. It should get more accurate as you drive and the system 'learns' your style.

It's more actual temperature related, the battery does not perform as well in cold temperatures, the lower you go the less range you have.

If it helps our FL MG5 info. So, using the % indicator scale, for summer 2.5miles per 1%, whilst November (the past week or so) just under 2miles per 1%. That's generally heater on (low), eco mode & around town/slow driving.
Yeah on my FL I just use 2 miles to 1% all year round. Summer you get more but a good simple average :)

Hi
I have a pre facelift long range exclusive
When I am at 100% with heating turned off and trips reset it shows 250 miles of range and 403 volts on the battery
The car is 26 months old with 14000 miles on it
Most Charing is done with home charging/granny charger at work
I have probably done around 20 to 30 rapid chargers when on long runs
So I’m guessing my battery is stil in good health even though when it goes in for a service I ask for a print out of battery soh
When I pick the car up they say yes the battery is fine
With the current low temperatures and short journeys I am getting 1 mile to 1% but in warmer weather I get 2.5+ miles per 1%
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom