MG5 rattle sound (petrol engine)

Valerio87

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, im not sure if this is the correct place to post this as I saw this section said MG5 EV, but I was looking for some help in regards to my 2024 MG5 non electric I recently bought with only 15k km so far. But I have come across a strange rattle when the A/C is on and I'm at a complete stop. It acts like its slightly accelerated with a rattle sound but eventually smooths out and idles around 800 rpm right be low the 1. Also this rattle appears when I'm going 40 km per hour as well but when I give it gas it disappears. Is this nornal for this type of vehicle, is it something to be worried about? Anybody else experienced or is experiencing this same issue, would definitely appreciate any insight etc regarding, thanks in advance !

Last edited by a moderator:
Your problem seems to be related to your petrol (gas) engine. The MG5 EV discussed here does not have such an engine, so no one is likely to have had a similar experience.

It's really confusing that SAIC (the manufacturer if MGs now) allows organisations in various countries to use the same model name (MG5) for completely different vehicles. There is a petrol MG5 in Australia as well.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom