MG5 - rear screen washer routing

Required

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
After the cold snap it appears the hose for the rear screen washer has disconnected somewhere within the vehicle, from the sound of it, possibly behind the dashboard.

Before I start making things worse does anybody have a link to a routing diagram or similar to give me some idea of where to look?

Front works fine, rear gets no water and a bubbling sound in front of me so it's not just frozen solid.

Thanks

Update - closer inspection shows it's definitely coming out of the driver's end of the dashboard and there's no sign of anything loose in the engine bay so that's where I tapped out - booked into Lancaster MG next week.

Was only noticeable with the driver's door open hence not seeing it when I was driving.

Hi
I think there is a thread somewhere that says there is a joint in the hose in the drivers side a pillar
The hose pushes off when there is back pressure from the rear wash wipe (eg frozen)
Hope this helps
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Upvote 0
Have a read of this thread:
I knew I'd read that but then couldn't find it again so sort of forgot all about it!

Right, I'll hack away at that panel tomorrow

Upvote 0
Update to provide closure for those desperate to know how this turned out...

I took the pillar panel off but couldn't see the hose so took it through to MG Lancaster where we got the car from and they sorted it FOC - can't argue with that.

I'll make sure that I just use proper cold weather fluid from now on and hopefully that'll be the last time that's a problem.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom