MG5 Reversing Camera Lag

Smudger

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Does anyone else's reversing cam seem very slow at catching up when reversing?
It has bothered me since getting the car but I've just always allowed it time to catch up, but I'd have expected it to bother more people and to have heard if there was a software/firmware update to fix it. Maybe just mine then?

Is this the FL or pre-fl?

I have the FL and is very slightly laggy but no more than I have experienced on other cars.

Upvote 0
No issue with delay but I do find it's rather wonky in that you line up to kerb or parking bay lines in the camera and find the front of the car is about 10cm out of line. Use mirrors now to counteract this

Upvote 0
I do find it's rather wonky in that you line up to kerb or parking bay lines in the camera and find the front of the car is about 10cm out of line

I agree! I wonder whether this is anything to do with the fact that our cars are RHD (mine is the Pre-facelift) rather than LHD? i.e., the camera is angled for a driver who is seated on the opposite side of the car????

Upvote 0
I agree! I wonder whether this is anything to do with the fact that our cars are RHD (mine is the Pre-facelift) rather than LHD? i.e., the camera is angled for a driver who is seated on the opposite side of the car????
Interesting theory. I always used to think I could reverse into a space pretty well but have had to readjust lots of times with the MG. Used the mirrors yesterday and all was fine! Maybe I'll try it from the LHS instead with an umbrella on the pedals... [joke]

Upvote 0
Yes I find it’s way off straight, need to use mirrors and visual checks to correct it, but then again I don’t think you should just be using the camera alone

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom