MG5-SE cabin heater control

John Pease

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have just bought an MG5-SE and I am very disappointed with the cabin heater control. The model I have does not have automatic temperature control and the only way to alter the heating is on the central screen. This is quite dangerous when you are driving along as you are distracted from the road to alter the setting. Does anyone know if there is an alternative or future plan to change this?

Is this a face-lift model?
The MG5 SR I have just has dials.
I can't see how, if it is on the touch screen, an update would help.

Upvote 0
Aren't cabin heater controls usually not in line of sight. I can't think of a car I've owned which had them somewhere such that you didn't need to look away from the road. You could always pull over if you don't feel safe.

Upvote 0
I have just bought an MG5-SE and I am very disappointed with the cabin heater control. The model I have does not have automatic temperature control and the only way to alter the heating is on the central screen. This is quite dangerous when you are driving along as you are distracted from the road to alter the setting. Does anyone know if there is an alternative or future plan to change this?
This is the new version of the MG5.
My thoughts were that the arrow buttons on the steering wheel could control the heating if the central screen was set to the heating function.

Upvote 0
Aren't cabin heater controls usually not in line of sight. I can't think of a car I've owned which had them somewhere such that you didn't need to look away from the road. You could always pull over if you don't feel safe.
Knobs are tactile though. You can set the dials to max then wind back to your desired position without having to look.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom