MG5 Second Service

SDP79

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
My MG5 is coming up to its second service at just over 20k miles. Just had a quote from Glyn Hopkin for £380. This seems outrageous to me. Anyone had similar experiences?

Sub-£200 seems to be a common experience.

My MG5 is coming up to its second service at just over 20k miles. Just had a quote from Glyn Hopkin for £380. This seems outrageous to me. Anyone had similar experiences?
Ouch - I booked my car in for service number 2 yesterday with my supplying dealer Frasers of Falkirk. I’ve been quoted £190 with the use of a courtesy car.

£225 for mine on Friday, booked online with Richmond who are my local franchise. Seems steep for what it is but everything has gone up and it's nothing compared to what I used to pay on ice cars!

£225 for mine on Friday, booked online with Richmond who are my local franchise. Seems steep for what it is but everything has gone up and it's nothing compared to what I used to pay on ice cars!
I brought mine from Portsmouth and took service plan out @£8 month
Booked in to Bognor tomorrow for 1st service as they had space which coincided with my week off Portsmouth and Southampton couldn’t do it till late September

I use Cleevely. Cheaper, more done, better service and on your drive / workplace car park

I bought a service plan via the MG website 2 years ago for our MG5 for Glyn Hopkin. Seemed the best value based on below. Since then MG appear to have increased the prices, but still better than the standard prices Glyn Hopkin quote.

1693975198661.png

Attachments

• 1693975111827.png
    1693975111827.png
    258.2 KB · Views: 88
Just come off the phone as I have the "low milage" service plan and what a pain that is confirming milage and any worse case situation.

Curently at 19280 but they have no space until early October so enquired what happens if I go over. Advised 1,000 miles however reception quoted that in year 3 my mileage should be 22545 miles! Plus they were asking if mine was manual or automatic!!
After some other comments made and the fact they only reset my AA membership 6 months after my first service last time decided to cancel the plan and I'll bank the money and spend as needed for servicing where I choose.

Which brings me to the second year cost as the MG service check list including Pollen Filter, Brake fluid and Key fob batteries... £272.01.
Wow I know prices have gone up but seeing the various quotes here I shall be ringing around now that I'm no longer tied to that franchise.

EDIT: Phoned two other dealers:
Dealer 1 £310.20 but can price match with proof
Dealer 2 £210.00
I know where I'm going :)

Last edited:
Just had low mileage quote of £136.70 for MG5 second year service from my local dealer who I bought car from. Will have a day out in Leicester instead & save £25. Shop around, better deal can be found & at 2p-3p/mile good saving can be made

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom