MG5 Shipment

johnb80

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Does anyone have any info on the latest shipment of MG5's? We ordered a month ago with a delivery date of 30/06/23 but we've been told it's going to be delayed a little. Is there any way to see whats coming out of the factory and where its going?

I am not sure on the deliver times. What I did was find a dealer who had some in stock or a confirm pre-order lot.

Chiswick MG was who i went through. you could always give them a call. I know they are not local to you but could give you an idea of their stock and delivery time.

Hi John, not sure of the exact current timeframes, but we ordered late Jan, estimated delivery end April actually arrived early June (but actually, the dealer were up-front in saying end April was optimistic but that it gave us the wiggle room to cancel order if it was 28days after that as I was nervous about not getting a new car ahead of the summer when we really needed it).

As slmorgan has said, a couple of times when I asked for an update on my order the dealer did offer me different colour options available then but we held out for our lovely grey (Mrs tkmaxx5 was less than complimentary abut some other colour options ;)).

Had the SE trim for a couple of weeks now and generally love it and happy I waited for this colour.

Good luck!

I am not sure on the deliver times. What I did was find a dealer who had some in stock or a confirm pre-order lot.

Chiswick MG was who i went through. you could always give them a call. I know they are not local to you but could give you an idea of their stock and delivery time.
Thanks for that, I'll sticking with the dealer for now, I was told that the MG5 has gone through a mid term refresh and theres been some subtle changes so I'd like to get the new version factory fresh as it were.

Hi John, not sure of the exact current timeframes, but we ordered late Jan, estimated delivery end April actually arrived early June (but actually, the dealer were up-front in saying end April was optimistic but that it gave us the wiggle room to cancel order if it was 28days after that as I was nervous about not getting a new car ahead of the summer when we really needed it).

As slmorgan has said, a couple of times when I asked for an update on my order the dealer did offer me different colour options available then but we held out for our lovely grey (Mrs tkmaxx5 was less than complimentary abut some other colour options ;)).

Had the SE trim for a couple of weeks now and generally love it and happy I waited for this colour.

Good luck!
Is that Hampstead Grey? thats the colour weve ordered in Trophy guise. We took the opportunity to sell my wifes car in readyness so I hope the delay doesnt turn into months.

Is that Hampstead Grey? thats the colour weve ordered in Trophy guise. We took the opportunity to sell my wifes car in readyness so I hope the delay doesnt turn into months.

Yes that's the one - a good choice I would say :)

I have the grey too. The only reason I sort of wish I had gone for another colour was when trying to find the car in a car park. It looks like so many other grey estate cars lol

Last I checked It was around 12 weeks from leaving China to being at your dealer. If that car wasn't already on a boat/at the dock your dealers estimate was a work of fiction.

Most leasing companies seem to offering locations now instead of dates, I.e "built and awaiting shipment" amusingly MGs system refers to vehicles on a boat sailing to you as "in the sea"

Its worth noting that MG don't build to order or a schedule. They batch build and then use some Voodoo and a Sorting Hat to determine where a vehicle gets ship and which dealer it lands at. Recent posts imply MG have shaken up how vehicles are allocated to dealer and they are now putting VINs to Customers when it's in China, not at the dock in the UK.

I've just spoken to the supplier, on Wednesday this week it was reporting shortage, today however it's awaiting shipment and delivery date is 14th September. At last, some light at the end of the tunnel. It is the new model year were getting MY24

I've just spoken to the supplier, on Wednesday this week it was reporting shortage, today however it's awaiting shipment and delivery date is 14th September. At last, some light at the end of the tunnel. It is the new model year were getting MY24
Curious what is the new model? I mean what is different.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom