MG5 should be upgraded for what it really needs!!!!

andrewuk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I am happy to see the new MG5 provides V2L and app support.

However, I am not happy with the new MG5, because it lacks the following upgrades.

1. The car should be bigger. For example, the length comes to 4.7-4.8M. This is why I like Tesla Model Y...
2. Rear seat should be as flat as the back when it is folded off. This is why I like Tesla Model Y...
3. Tow hitch should be an option for the user to select....This is why I like Tesla Model Y...

In my view, MG5 is the currently most practical EV car. However, MG5 should get better. BTW, there are a lot of better models of MG in China, why MG does not import to the UK? It looks like MG only imports low-end models. We need more advanced SUV, MPV, ESTATE cars!

Unfortunately, all EV in the Uk is overpriced!!! If you compared the price between China & UK, you will be shocked!!

And the price of a tesla y vs a mg5 is?
Also shipping a car half way round the world adds a cost
I am not comparing all items with Model Y. Btw, Tesla is also overpriced in the UK. What I am saying is that MG5 should be better with the current price.

Why UK government stop EV grant while other country, Like USA keep providing grant? Why UK government does not give grant for solar pannel which is good benefit for the citizens....

I am happy to see the new MG5 provides V2L and app support.
Thats good news

However, I am not happy with the new MG5, because it lacks the following upgrades.

1. The car should be bigger. For example, the length comes to 4.7-4.8M. This is why I like Tesla Model Y...
2. Rear seat should be as flat as the back when it is folded off. This is why I like Tesla Model Y...
3. Tow hitch should be an option for the user to select....This is why I like Tesla Model Y...
In that case, the answer is simple, go and buy a model Y

In my view, MG5 is the currently most practical EV car. However, MG5 should get better.
It made a sensational entry into the UK market and the facelift was also well received. I havent seen a single bad review of it.

BTW, there are a lot of better models of MG in China, why MG does not import to the UK? It looks like MG only imports low-end models.
Well the low end models seem to be well equipped and fit well into the UK market sector

We need more advanced SUV, MPV, ESTATE cars!
Based on? It seems from posts on here that MG at times are struggling with the technology used, maybe it's too advanced already?

Unfortunately, all EV in the Uk is overpriced!!! If you compared the price between China & UK, you will be shocked!!
There will be import duty, substantial shipping costs and MG UK taking their cut too. I suppose the easy resolution would be go and buy one in China and import it to the UK?

I am not comparing all items with Model Y. Btw, Tesla is also overpriced in the UK. What I am saying is that MG5 should be better with the current price.

Why UK government stop EV grant while other country, Like USA keep providing grant? Why UK government does not give grant for solar pannel which is good benefit for the citizens....
Usa add tariffs onto Chinese products so its even more expensive, if you can actually buy an mg there.

Usa add tariffs onto Chinese products so its even more expensive, if you can actually buy an mg there.
1689361684610.png

Look at what happened of TESLA in USA!

Tesla's Model 3 vehicle is now cheaper than a Toyota Camry in California due to the Elon Musk-owned company confirming the sedan qualifies for a $7,500 tax cut.

The all-electric vehicle starts at $40,240, but the rebate - combined with another California tax rebate of $7,500 depending on income and other requirements - knocks it down to $25,240.

The Japanese-made Camry lists at $26,320 or higher.

TESLA in UAS is now cheaper than MG now. Come one, wake up......

And the price of a tesla y vs a mg5 is?
Also shipping a car half way round the world adds a cost
Well, have a look at what happened in the USA. This is what the USA does for citizens who want to buy electric cars. What happened in the UK is that electricity is increasingly expensive and no grant for the solar panel which is a free resource you can get from the sun.

Well, have a look at what happened in the USA. This is what the USA does for citizens who want to buy electric cars. What happened in the UK is that electricity is increasingly expensive and no grant for the solar panel which is a free resource you can get from the sun.
Are you posting for comedic value?

View attachment 19013
Look at what happened of TESLA in USA!

Tesla's Model 3 vehicle is now cheaper than a Toyota Camry in California due to the Elon Musk-owned company confirming the sedan qualifies for a $7,500 tax cut.

The all-electric vehicle starts at $40,240, but the rebate - combined with another California tax rebate of $7,500 depending on income and other requirements - knocks it down to $25,240.

The Japanese-made Camry lists at $26,320 or higher.

TESLA in UAS is now cheaper than MG now. Come one, wake up......
Buy me one and ship it over. I'll transfer the money.
Honest😇

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom