MG5 - smashing!

mederham

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
So, this is what happens when your MG5 is hit from the front, head on!
IMG_20231230_111124_HDR.jpg

Was surprised at the amount of plastic bits. Going to be written off I suspect. Managed to get a loan car through insurers - new MG ZS Long Range - nice! As a lease car, I suspect it will be some time before I get any joy with a replacement. As this is a 2021 version and not available anymore, I suspect there will be some discussions on a replacement 2023 facelift model. Anyone had any experience with written off lease cars and what can I expect in terms of an alternative replacement? Thanks in advance

Nope! Just seat belt tensioner which held me in place for around 10 seconds. Worrying. Have read various articles on airbags and when they should deploy and still don't know if this is a failure or not.

Nope! Just seat belt tensioner which held me in place for around 10 seconds. Worrying. Have read various articles on airbags and when they should deploy and still don't know if this is a failure or not.
Watch to the last bit 😊

So, this is what happens when your MG5 is hit from the front, head on!
View attachment 22638

Was surprised at the amount of plastic bits. Going to be written off I suspect. Managed to get a loan car through insurers - new MG ZS Long Range - nice! As a lease car, I suspect it will be some time before I get any joy with a replacement. As this is a 2021 version and not available anymore, I suspect there will be some discussions on a replacement 2023 facelift model. Anyone had any experience with written off lease cars and what can I expect in terms of an alternative replacement? Thanks in advance
Would you get a replacement if it’s a lease car or would it be a case of the insurance payout going to the leasing company (and hopefully covering enough that your not on the hook for any gap)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom