MG5 SW EV Facelift?

Darkriver

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Can we have some clarity please about the MG 5 SW EV?
What if any changes are being made to this model in May 2021, is it a facelift, update or upgrade?

Can we have some clarity please about the MG 5 SW EV?
What if any changes are being made to this model in May 2021, is it a facelift, update or upgrade?

It has now been confirmed that in May 2021 MG Pilot will be added and a possible exterior styling tweak.
Unfortunately MG Pilot can't be retrofitted to the current model.

I am new to the forum and finding my way around threads. Apologies if this post is to the wrong thread. I have been researching a bit about mg5. I came across this video on YouTube.
Unfortunately it is very difficult to verify the account. There is no literature online about the facelift or new model either. I thought it might be worth checking with forum members if they have come across any more details,

Looks very nice - 2 charge ports?

I like the wheels, the rest I'm not bothered about. As I have the option 16's in my boot now, I'm not sure I can get a third set of wheels for my new car without getting a lawyer.

I am new to the forum and finding my way around threads. Apologies if this post is to the wrong thread. I have been researching a bit about mg5. I came across this video on YouTube.
Unfortunately it is very difficult to verify the account. There is no literature online about the facelift or new model either. I thought it might be worth checking with forum members if they have come across any more details,

Hi Leo and welcome to the forum and well spotted with the video as your new you’ll have lots of reading to do on here plus if you don’t already know there is Speak evs and the MG owners club sites where you can cross reference your researching, so thanks for your post so my opinions are form the video

Good/upsides points from what can be seen,
Information/ entertainment system looks much better ROOF RAILS are now different much like the newer models of Audi’s, fords, Vauxhall’s Astras plus others you can’t pass a rope/strap under this type of rail, both front seats are now electric,LEDs headlights
front grill more modern looking two charge ports nice

Downsides again from what can be seen
Steering wheel appears to be Rake only now reach not shown
great pity nothing as been done about the rear seat to make it fold much flatter front grill more modern looking and two charge ports nice
Would probably need a dedicated cross rail system if the rails can be used but at what cost

Hope it comes a little quicker to our shores than the first Roewe Ei5 / MG5 did as the Roewe estate was running around in China for quite a while before it was rebadge to become the MG5ev
I also noticed
If you look through the windows at the other cars in the showroom all seem to have the old style front grills so must be pretty new out but looks good
Thanks again Leo

If it follows the current version it will be a couple of years before this reaches our shores. Don't forget it needs RHD manufacturing to start.....

Like the changes: the two charging ports is interesting but note the rapid at the front in this version is Chademo. The CCMS means that you would usually keep the two types together, another significant difference to this model would be needed for Europe. LED lights, repositioning of mirror controls, both front seats electric, redesign for phone storage whilst connected to USB, faster infotainment, redesigned switches on steering wheel and drive changes, also full digital display, roof rails changed, new wheel design.

Also noted from the display that range would be about 280 miles suggesting around a 65Kw battery pack.

All the above means not the great price we're seeing at the moment.

Only just picked my mg5 up today so is it out of date all really 🤨
I felt like MGUK rushed to get the first estate before anyone else and everything else be damned. Saic even showed an update model the week of release in the UK back in September time.

Hi Leo and welcome to the forum and well spotted with the video as your new you’ll have lots of reading to do on here plus if you don’t already know there is Speak evs and the MG owners club sites where you can cross reference your researching, so thanks for your post so my opinions are form the video

Good/upsides points from what can be seen,
Information/ entertainment system looks much better ROOF RAILS are now different much like the newer models of Audi’s, fords, Vauxhall’s Astras plus others you can’t pass a rope/strap under this type of rail, both front seats are now electric,LEDs headlights
front grill more modern looking two charge ports nice

Downsides again from what can be seen
Steering wheel appears to be Rake only now reach not shown
great pity nothing as been done about the rear seat to make it fold much flatter front grill more modern looking and two charge ports nice
Would probably need a dedicated cross rail system if the rails can be used but at what cost

Hope it comes a little quicker to our shores than the first Roewe Ei5 / MG5 did as the Roewe estate was running around in China for quite a while before it was rebadge to become the MG5ev
I also noticed
If you look through the windows at the other cars in the showroom all seem to have the old style front grills so must be pretty new out but looks good
Thanks again Leo
Thank you Les burrows for pointers to other useful forums.

MG Motors EU website shows some details of the updated MG5
Launching in October I suppose. ( That probably rules it out for a UK launch this year !)

I notice that the front face is updated (very similar to the ones shown in the above videos).
Though the specifications are not confirmed, from what little is written on the page and looking at the pictures I gather it has an improved WLTP range, panoramic sunroof, 75kgs roof load(?), maybe a faster rapid charger (30 mins to 80% ?) and MG Pilot.

along with the new MG Marvel

It's listed on the MG Norway page as having MG Pilot, towing weight at 500kg, and roof load of 75kg. But we all know about MG and roof rails, so I'm keeping my expectations in check! :ROFLMAO:

It also says it has 11kW three phase AC charging and a 2.5kW AC power-outlet, to power external appliances.

MG Motors EU website shows some details of the updated MG5
Launching in October I suppose. ( That probably rules it out for a UK launch this year !)

I notice that the front face is updated (very similar to the ones shown in the above videos).
Though the specifications are not confirmed, from what little is written on the page and looking at the pictures I gather it has an improved WLTP range, panoramic sunroof, 75kgs roof load(?), maybe a faster rapid charger (30 mins to 80% ?) and MG Pilot.
Looks like a good update...

I don’t believe any of these are coming to the UK anytime soon or at all....noticed on the Website there’s no option for the UK.

It's a little sad that we don't seem to get the models that other countries get, you would think that MG doesn't have its origins in the UK. Maybe the majority of UK public still remembers the poor quality from the 70-80's 🤷. Maybe a question for Daniel G ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom