MG5 System Fault - HV Battery Shut Off

I had this once, where charging on an Osprey 75Kw charger at a pub having a meal.

I was using Bonnet and it messaged saying the charge was complete. I thought nothing of it, but as we were between courses, I popped out to move the car and make the charger available should someone else need it.

I had no problems unlocking and disconnecting the car and noticed the charge was at 94%. However the car started and moved with no problems. The charge rate averaged out at around 40Kw/hr.

I wonder if the time it took you to notice and get to the charger was long enough for the car to disconnect from the charger then goto sleep/off and thus clear any error.

Whilst I try not to rapid charge to such a high SOC there have been occasions where it's happened on a 50KW charger.

I wonder if the time it took you to notice and get to the charger was long enough for the car to disconnect from the charger then goto sleep/off and thus clear any error.

Whilst I try not to rapid charge to such a high SOC there have been occasions where it's happened on a 50KW charger.

It could be, dragon.

This was when I needed the extra range to be sure of reaching my preferred charge point when coming back to Southamptonfrom Leeds. In the last wee while, there's been a marked improvement in the number of good charge stops on this run, so I no longer aim to have the battery at it's fullest on a longer journey.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom