Mg5 Tailgate lock

CuriousIslander

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
My new 5 tailgate lock release on the key doesn't work. Everything is OK if I unlock the car fully (ie the tailgate will open), but the tailgate lock on its own doesn't work. I have had the car only a few days, and it did work when I received it. Has anyone had the same problem? I shall notify the dealership I think and see what they have to say, but any advice is also welcome.

Hmm I've not tried mine as i press the button and it opens up with keyless entry, as long as i have my keys on me.

My new 5 tailgate lock release on the key doesn't work. Everything is OK if I unlock the car fully (ie the tailgate will open), but the tailgate lock on its own doesn't work. I have had the car only a few days, and it did work when I received it. Has anyone had the same problem? I shall notify the dealership I think and see what they have to say, but any advice is also welcome.
Ye I don't think I've ever used that button because I always just use the button on the boot itself with keyless. I'll give it a go though.

Hi
hi Jomarkh is dead right #3 you need to press and hold the middle button for around 2 seconds and you will hear the boot lock release and the tailgate door spings up just a very small amount but you are still required to lift the tailgate up by hand that’s what mine does anyhow read page 126 of the handbook for more information hope this is helpful
Les

Last edited:
On the ZS it only works when you stand further away, outside the keyless range.

Hi

hi Jomarkh is dead right #3 you need to press and hold the middle button for around 2 seconds and you will hear the boot lock release and the tailgate door spings up just a very small amount but you are still required to lift the tailgate up by hand that’s what mine does anyhow read page 126 of the handbook for more information hope this is helpful
Les
Ermmmmm.. As my wife would say "Typical man - doesn't read the instructions..." I was shown how to use it by the sales rep but I hadn't registered the fact that you hold it down for 2 seconds. Needless to say it works perfectly, having read the instructions. Thank you to all on the forum, these bits of information are priceless.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom