MG5 Trophy - API

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
New 5 Trophy arrives Friday 30th of this month and the Ohme Home Pro charger goes in the day before.
We like the Ohme for it's digital display but to get the best out of it, it needs the car to have API (Applicatioon Progamming Interface) and currently MG, according to Ohme, don't seem to have API.
Have asked both dealer (no idea) and MG (via email) and no response 48 hours on.
Anyone out there with an Ohme Home Pro or can confirm/deny the API query?

New 5 Trophy arrives Friday 30th of this month and the Ohme Home Pro charger goes in the day before.
We like the Ohme for it's digital display but to get the best out of it, it needs the car to have API (Applicatioon Progamming Interface) and currently MG, according to Ohme, don't seem to have API.
Have asked both dealer (no idea) and MG (via email) and no response 48 hours on.
Anyone out there with an Ohme Home Pro or can confirm/deny the API query?
You say to get the best out of it, what are you trying to achieve that isn't done via the charger app or the car without this API ?

Last edited:
I have the Ohme home pro. Their app knows that the car an MG5, but I have it set to only charge if the price of electricity is less than 8p for Octopus Go overnight.

MG clearly have no intention of making the API public - people have been requesting it for over a year without response let alone a timeline. Given everything else going on I cannot see it happening particularly given the politics between the UK and Chinese Governments.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom