MG5 Trophy Facelift 2022 locked in Showroom Mode?

Seaniepie

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi All,
I bought an ex-showroom trophy a couple of weeks ago. We’ve been having a bit of a ‘too and fro’ with the dealer trying to get to the bottom of our settings page on the infotainment system. I’m pretty sure it’s locked in some kind of Showroom mode. The dealer just told us to turn off all the buttons in the settings and then turn them all on again. This, of course, did nothing. Comparing our display to those on YouTube videos, the mode selection buttons are on the left instead of the right, there is not a button for 360 or user manuals on the second page, and not nearly as many tabs on the Car Settings section. As such we cannot access the pages for setting up the safety features, turn on the heated seats and locked out from binding the car to iSMART. We also are told it won’t allow us to update the software as it has not been registered.
Can someone look at the video linked here and confirm, with some photos preferably, my suspicions.
Thanks for any help you may be able to provide, especially anyone who can show how to get into the Engineering Mode on the trophy model (I had the mk1 MG5 and was easy) so that I might be able to reset it.
Sean

It looks like your car doesn't know it is a UK spec. Everything seems set up as though it is LHD. You might try unbinding it before trying to bind it to your phone but I don't think that there is much you can do yourself if the car has the wrong spec software in it.

Hi Sean
Apart from LHD setup it seems to be an old software altogether, check your version under settings system, there should also be an option to check for update…
Mickey

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom