MG5 Trophy Service Plan

Graham5

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi has anyone bought a 3 year service plan with first MOT, I have been quoted £326 is this good or bad does anyone know.
TIA Graham.

I thought MG had stopped doing a service plan, is that with a garage directly?

Anyway 1st service (low mileage) on the Mk 1 cost me £50 or thereabouts IIRC. Others paid less, others more but the dealer service included the AA renewal. They did say there is a fluid needs changing next year but I think they said it'd be about £140 - could be wrong though.

Depends a bit on your anticipated mileage.

Hi Graham,
I took out a 4 year plan through Toomey MG, booked online, which works out like this:

Year 1: £97.73
Year 2: £182.14
Year 3: £97.73
Year 4: £206.78

Plus the MOT, which comes to a total of £696.23 (including a management fee of £54) so yours, over the three years sounds quite reasonable.

Regards, Rob.

Cheers guys, I think I do have a good deal if its includes everything so when I goo to pay I will check

My Mk I came from Bulldog Twyford. They quoted me £80-something for 1st service so I went elsewhere - a place near Oxford, and had a long overdue day out while I was there,

@Graham5 no complaints, the car was a bit delayed but they seemed to be fairly on the ball and doing what they could.

They are quite local to me (5 miles maybe) so I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't get the service there (cos of price).

They invited me over to try out a facelift MG5 but when I got there I decided it was hardly worth it so they were happy for me to take the bright orange MG4 for a bit.

Just had a call from.my local MG garage in Brechin asking for an additional £35 as the service plan does not cover the service. I have refused to pay any additional costs as the service plan was taken out to cover all three years servicing. Anyone else had this odd request just before the car service was booked in. There no mention of any additional cost when I booked it in?

My last car was a Vauxhall Ampera and I took out a service plan on that. Was a bit surprised when they told me that one belt had to be changed at 5 year wasn't included, despite being a service item.

Thanks people any input is always appreciated.
@smokie that will be my second choice as they are both about the same distance from me, just have to find the time to call them.

I recall reading previously that certain activities such as bodywork inspection for warranty may not be included but it all comes down to the small print in your individual deal.

Hi has anyone bought a 3 year service plan with first MOT, I have been quoted £326 is this good or bad does anyone know.
TIA Graham.
Yes Graham, it was £12.95 per month for a 3 year service plan. That said they have just told me that I will have to an extra £35.45 tomorrow when it goes in for a service!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom