MG5 Wipers

DK1083

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just cleaning my MG5 Exclusive. Tried to lift the passenger side wiper arm but found it scrapes by the edge of the bonnet. Is this normal or does it need re-seating or is it not intended to be lifted?

Just cleaning my MG5 Exclusive. Tried to lift the passenger side wiper arm but found it scrapes by the edge of the bonnet. Is this normal or does it need re-seating or is it not intended to be lifted?
My Kia Ceed does that as well , aero dymanics

Hi
I think from memory its something like turn the car on fully
Then turn it off and push the wiper stalk down and it puts the wipers in service mode then press the wiper stalk down again to return them to their normal parked position
I think there is a video on YouTube
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Last edited:
That's useful Ian, as I came across the same problem when the car qualified for it's 6 month rinse yesterday.

See:

See:
Drivers side was ok on mine.

Hi
Then turn it off and push the wiper stalk down and it puts the wipers in service mode then press the wiper stalk down again to return them to their normal parked position
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Thanks. I’ll give that a try!

From the manual on how to change the wiper blades. Actions 1 and 8 are relevant.

1. With the bonnet in closed state, and within 20 seconds of setting the START/STOP Switch to the OFF position, operate the wiper stalk switch by pressing down and releasing, the wipers will enter the 'service position' and stop on the windscreen.

2. Lift the wiper arm away from the windscreen.
3. Press the button on the wiper arm (as illustrated), and pull the upper end of the wiper blade outward to disengage from the wiper arm.
4 Unhook the blade from the wiper arm and discard.
5 Locate the new wiper into the slot of the wiper arm.
6 Push the wiper blade towards the arm until the wiper blade is engaged.
7 Check whether the wiper blade is fitted correctly to the arm before positioning on the windscreen.

8 Operate the wiper stalk switch by pressing down again and releasing, or set the START/STOP Switch to ON, the wipers will exit the service mode and automatically return to its original position

From the manual on how to change the wiper blades. Actions 1 and 8 are relevant.

1. With the bonnet in closed state, and within 20 seconds of setting the START/STOP Switch to the OFF position, operate the wiper stalk switch by pressing down and releasing, the wipers will enter the 'service position' and stop on the windscreen.

3. Press the button on the wiper arm (as illustrated), and pull the upper end of the wiper blade outward to disengage from the wiper arm.
7 Check whether the wiper blade is fitted correctly to the arm before positioning on the windscreen.

8 Operate the wiper stalk switch by pressing down again and releasing, or set the START/STOP Switch to ON, the wipers will exit the service mode and automatically return to its original position
Thank you!

read-the-instructions-mad.gif

<ducks behind sofa>​

Hi
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Thats about right.

Thats about right.
It was only mentioned about 4 posts earlier, with a quote from the manual:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom