MGHS Satnav Update

mbaxtin

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi There, had this car since Dec, happy enough with it.

So, got Car in Dec 22 however satnav was 2019 maps, spoke to dealer said I have to install myself as they cant do. Anyway, its through NAVIEXTRAS. Seems a complex thing to do, (take PC to car, plug in and so on) Anyway this can be downloaded onto a memory stick instead.

Any advice appreciated.

Martin

Use car play or android and connect your phone with a wire or look into a adapter for wireless connection. I use a adapter car2play and works well.

It’s not actually too hard. Download navieextras app to your PC. Format usb with FAT (I think) then take to car. In settings go to update. It will upload its details to your usb. Take to computer open naviextras and it will search for and upload maps to stick. Take to car plug back in usb stick and again update through settings and done. I’ve done it a few times now and sometimes even get an email from naviextras notifying me of updates.

I have the same issue. My dealership told me that there is no update as yet. I suppose that there is now a cost involved. MG dealerships seem to not want to know you when you have made the purchase of the car

It’s not actually too hard. Download navieextras app to your PC. Format usb with FAT (I think) then take to car. In settings go to update. It will upload its details to your usb. Take to computer open naviextras and it will search for and upload maps to stick. Take to car plug back in usb stick and again update through settings and done. I’ve done it a few times now and sometimes even get an email from naviextras notifying me of updates.
Hi can you use Apple mac computer

I just checked the navieextras and located MG HS western Europe no UK like the MZ jt I guess that's it. Next question sorry is it the MG touch version

hi i have just updated my mg hs 2024 satnav using naviextras and it downloaded the western europe as there was no uk and since the update theres no roads on the map.

any help would be appreciated

hi i have just updated my mg hs 2024 satnav using naviextras and it downloaded the western europe as there was no uk and since the update theres no roads on the map.

any help would be appreciated
Basically a factory reset on the navigation system is needed once you have successfully updated your maps. See this post in the mg rover forum.
You may need to perform the reset a couple of times before the new maps are recognised. Once the new maps and roads etc are back, customise you settings to get rid of the annoying bongs etc.
Ken

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom