MGZS EV (GEN 1)Battery full charge range

Seve

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Through the summer months I have achieved (by granny charger / 7.4kw fast charger) a total of 162. miles fully charged (ECO Mode), I have found that if you turn off the heater / fan control unit on the dash, I achieve total of 178 miles fully charged (ECO Mode), and after a couple of recently longish journeys 70 miles each way, the range is correct.
The Fan motor seems to be always running any the lowest speed, as you cant actually turn the fan off unless you turn off the whole unit, is this the norm with all ZS EV Generation 1 cars?

You can turn the fan off by just dialing the speed right down to nil.

Ive tried that, the fan will only turn down to 1 segment, unable to turn to zero setting
I've just checked mine and you're correct, the same with the temperature setting 1 segment at the lowest setting.
TBH I'd never noticed as I usually have the HVAC either on or off anyway.

I've just checked mine and you're correct, the same with the temperature setting 1 segment at the lowest setting.
TBH I'd never noticed as I usually have the HVAC either on or off anyway.
In a way that’s good, thought it was me! if you turn of the unit see if it increases your range?

In a way that’s good, thought it was me! if you turn of the unit see if it increases your range?
Yeah I expect it's just "earmarking" some mileage range in the expectation that you're going to use that power to heat or cool the cabin..

Through the summer months I have achieved (by granny charger / 7.4kw fast charger) a total of 162. miles fully charged (ECO Mode), I have found that if you turn off the heater / fan control unit on the dash, I achieve total of 178 miles fully charged (ECO Mode), and after a couple of recently longish journeys 70 miles each way, the range is correct.
On my sept '21 gen 1 ZS EV I charged her overnight last night and this morning she was showing 210 miles (Eco mode & HVAC off).

In part this is due to my normal driving style being gentle, so when the estimated range does it's calculation it expects more of the same. On single carriageway roads I drive at a max of 90kph (56mph) and on dual carriageways and motorways I max out at 110 kph (about 70mph.)
The Fan motor seems to be always running any the lowest speed, as you cant actually turn the fan off unless you turn off the whole unit, is this the norm with all ZS EV Generation 1 cars?
I just turn the HVAC fully off unless I need aircon or heat.

Dave

On my sept '21 gen 1 ZS EV I charged her overnight last night and this morning she was showing 210 miles (Eco mode & HVAC off).

In part this is due to my normal driving style being gentle, so when the estimated range does it's calculation it expects more of the same. On single carriageway roads I drive at a max of 90kph (56mph) and on dual carriageways and motorways I max out at 110 kph (about 70mph.)

I just turn the HVAC fully off unless I need aircon or heat.

Dave
Don't rely on the 210 figure 👍

Don't rely on the 210 figure 👍
I know what you mean, but I do find that comparing Guessometer with the actual result page, it is remarkably good.

Last Wednesday I had to go to Limoges (to test a new bike!) It was a round trip of 196 kms and when I returned home I still had 134kms left in the 'tank'.

I know what you mean, but I do find that comparing Guessometer with the actual result page, it is remarkably good.

Last Wednesday I had to go to Limoges (to test a new bike!) It was a round trip of 196 kms and when I returned home I still had 134kms left in the 'tank'.
Miles Vs Kms ? Do you switch between?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom