MGZS V2L sudden stop

Batts

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
My 2023 zs ev suddenly stopped discharging mid use. Watt meter showed 1.9 kW total surge than stop, within the 2.2kW tolerance.
Could it be the V2L adapter plug or would it be the ZS?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I turn the car off when using V2L, that also switches off a few minutes later. I asked the service centre to do a software update to stop it doing that, but they either didn't do it or it hasn't worked. I also asked for the Tesla chargepoint one. I haven't tried it yet but I suspect they never did that one either. Incidentally does anyone know if when using the new type 4 ones with contactless does the not charging up thing still happen or is it only on the older Tesla charge points. Obviously I mean the ones that are open to non Teslas.

If I turn the car off when using V2L, that also switches off a few minutes later. I asked the service centre to do a software update to stop it doing that, but they either didn't do it or it hasn't worked.
Our Trophy LR would discharge successfully when the car was in ready mode, but if you shut down the car and then locked the car with the fob, the discharge would STOP.
After the car received the software update to the BCM it will now discharge with the car closed down and locked, so it possible ;) .
The non Tesla charging update involves updating more of the modules.
I never tried charging from any of the Tesla super chargers, so I am unable to comment sorry.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom