MGZSEV HV pack voltage range?

Vince31

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the current MGZSEV HV pack voltage range (specifically the min volts at 0% SOC)?
I know the max volts is either 456v (old BMS) or 450v (latest BMS), but what are the respective Min volts for each BMS standard?

I don't know for sure but I think the motor is rated at 400v so I wouldn't think it would go far below that before it indicates 0% charge. Remember 0% doesn't mean it has no charge in it, it just means it has reached the bottom buffer.

I don't know for sure but I think the motor is rated at 400v so I wouldn't think it would go far below that before it indicates 0% charge.
No, the motor rating is usually AC volts phase-to-phase. The DC voltage needed to produce that is related to that, but the voltage needed by the motor basically depends on speed and field strength. Once the motor speed is beyond a certain moderate value (corresponding to about 60 km/h at a wild guess), field weakening is introduced. If the battery voltage is low, the motor controller can initiate field weakening at a slightly lower speed to compensate.

So the motor's needs won't factor into the lowest battery voltage. The lowest battery voltage is set by the voltage of the lowest cell, the cell chemistry and the manufacturer's decision about the low-end buffer.

Here is the data from mine (450V Jan BMS) when I ran it completely flat on the driveway.
The lowest voltage I saw was 356V when under load, as soon as it then stopped being under load it was 362V. You'll see that then after sitting for 19 minutes and "resting" it went up to 371V.
1636581159223.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom