Mileage range and sensors

PhilE

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

We got our new ZS EV Exclusive in Sept and have had a few issues show, and wonder if anyone can advise?

I have read on here that SW updates can be applied to change needing to lock when charging, and also an increased range. Is this correct? I had no info on this when I bought the car.... If I request from a dealer will there be a charge?

A full charge on mine shows only maximum 160 miles!!

Also, we have numerous errors :-
  • rear left tyre pressure. (it is fine and not low...)
  • front camera not working... (which front camera??)

Any advice welcome...

Cheers
Phil

A few quick thoughts:-

Your front camera is on your windscreen behind your interior mirror.
TPS sensors can act up on any cars...if it persists go back to the dealer.
160 mile range displayed is typical, you may get that in summer with careful driving, but a lot less in Winter due to batteries not liking the cold.
You should be able charge the car either locked or unlocked if its got the latest software...if not talk to your dealer.

Just my 2 penneth.

Hi Phil,
Congratulations on your purchase this is a great car.
There is a BMS update (Battery Management System) that is available under warranty and therefore no charge that will allow the car to charge when unlocked on a 7 kWh charger. The car can be charged on a Rapid charge unlocked anyway....
Regarding range; some members including myself saw an increase in predicted range, but in essence it’s not really true, but your car will adapt to your driving; don’t forget that the cold will have a major effect on range as it does in all EV’s and therefore you will see much better range in the warmer weather.
Tyre pressure sensor if it continues take it back to your dealer it maybe a faulty sensor.
The front camera is in the middle at the top of the wind screen and sometimes can get misted up in really cold weather, have a look and run the heating for a while and it will clear.
I hope this helps

Thanks @Chrispydoc and @Mark Holmes for the replies. I will find a local dealer (I am between Banbury and Coventry) and ask them about the update. We are still get ING used to EV car driving, but loving it. Looking to trade in the combustion car now and go full EV but need much higher range for this....

Also, what is the front camera for? Is it just for the annoying auto main beam?

Have there been any rusings regarding software updates giving extended range, or is it only tesla doing this?

Cheers
Phil

The camera covers lots of functions, including lane assist and speed sign readings etc.
You should have an option in your comfort and convenience settings to turn the auto high beam off in the comfort 2 update...
Nothing at the moment, but who knows, but to be honest I exceed the 163 miles in the summer months and so I’m quite happy, however the winter months do have a impact and moving forwards will look to purchase for winter range going forwards, but this has been my first EV, I’ve learned a lot from this forum and from driving the car and saving an absolute fortune on fuel, I look to use free chargers wherever I can to make additional little savings here and there as it all adds up and now my two nearest Tesco’s both have free chargers, happy days.

Thanks @Mark Holmes

Yes, this is also our first, and I have just found this forum, it does seem extremely useful!!

These sort of tips are what we all need, especially free charging!!! 😉

Have you downloaded Zap-Map and Pod-Point apps, Pod-Point are very good for your free charging locations like Tesco and Sainsbury’s etc

Yep, we've downloaded a few, but zap map seems the best.

We also signed up to Polar as there is one in Daventry we could use, but two are always OOS and they don't charge very quickly whiskt we're shopping so going to cancel that membership methinks...

Are all pod points free if I have one at home?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom