Mileage

anniepannie57

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi
We have just bought our First MG EV it’s now two weeks and we love the car but we are still trying to find our way to get Apple car play ect .
We are also finding we are only getting 140 Miles with a Full Charge ?
Will this change when we get our Pod fitted this week
We Bought the car in Newcastle we live in Scotland so we got the coach down and staying overnight in a hotel then we picked the car up in the Morning.
The dealership where not very good they more less gave us the car and we had to work out how to charge it in the way home .
They never told us we needed a app ect
We are in our retirement years never gave this a thought .
Then we found out we need to buy a cable type 2 disappointed that it was not in the car when purchased.
We thought we would have at least been offered a Coffee nothing offered What happened to the days when you get treated nice when you buy a Brand new car 🚙 We are not asking for Champagne or Flowers but a cup tea would have been good .
We found the experience very stressful
My son thought it would have been a nice for us to feel good going to get our new car sorry MG you will have to do Better than this.
We got halfway home and met a lovely person who helped us at the Charging point he was way better than the salesman who only wanted paid then could not wait to see us leaving

Last edited:
Hi @anniepannie57 I will try to answer your questions as best I can you will find that the maximum mileage you get can vary a lot depending on lots of factors like weather temp doesn’t like cold and everything u use in the car air con heated seats etc can effect max mileage as they are all powered by the batteries and this won’t change when u get the pod fitted. To get apple car play you will have to plug your phone into the car using the usb slot underneath the radio display screen and it will automatically connect to apple car play. Is your pod not going to be tethered?? you can buy it with the type 2 cable fitted and generally a lot of charge points are tethered so you don’t need the cable & more charge points are using contactless these days download Zap map for a list of chargers and how you can pay. Yep did you pay cash for the car there not interested unless u take finance and all the extras we had a similar experience you should complain and cheekily ask for a free type 2 cable as an apology you never know it might work

hi anniepannie57,and welcome to the forum I can see you new here ,I just want to say there is a thread on this forum where you can post comments on MG dealers and who ever your dealer was should in my opinion be shamed on that thread I think it is disgusting the way you have been treated so don’t be afraid name and shame them in that thread for the good of others
Les

[IMG alt="Stuart Wright"]https://www.mgevs.com/data/avatars/m/0/1.jpg?1611749550[/IMG]

Stuart Wright

Administrator​

Staff member
Premium Member
JoinedAug 7, 2019Messages1,012Reaction score668Points116 Coventry, West MidlandsDrivingNot an MG
You can find your dealer by searching for the name either here or on the dealer map.
Please reply in the dealer's thread with your experiences of sales and/or servicing.
Any information you can share will help readers decide on what dealers to use.

If your dealer is missing or there is an error with any information, please send me a private conversation to let me know including the website of any missing dealer. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi Stewart
Thanks for you quick reply I will do that yes we paid cash so I think your right they are not interested
Richard Hardie Silverlink Newcastle

Hi @anniepannie57 I will try to answer your questions as best I can you will find that the maximum mileage you get can vary a lot depending on lots of factors like weather temp doesn’t like cold and everything u use in the car air con heated seats etc can effect max mileage as they are all powered by the batteries and this won’t change when u get the pod fitted. To get apple car play you will have to plug your phone into the car using the usb slot underneath the radio display screen and it will automatically connect to apple car play. Is your pod not going to be tethered?? you can buy it with the type 2 cable fitted and generally a lot of charge points are tethered so you don’t need the cable & more charge points are using contactless these days download Zap map for a list of chargers and how you can pay. Yep did you pay cash for the car there not interested unless u take finance and all the extras we had a similar experience you should complain and cheekily ask for a free type 2 cable as an apology you never know it might work
Hi
Thanks for your help I managed to get it working last night so we are happy we now have Apple Play sorted out Thanks very much this was very helpful 👍😊🚙

@anniepannie57 You will find we are a friendly bunch on here and if you have any questions at all just ask. I'm sure you will get the right advice. In fact the knowledge on her is far superior to most dealers.
There is a search function as well at the top right of the screen, type in a word and it will probably bring back many threads for you to browse.
We are all fairly new to this EV game so have all gone through the same as you.
Welcome. :)

Hi
We have just bought our First MG EV it’s now two weeks and we love the car but we are still trying to find our way to get Apple car play ect .
We are also finding we are only getting 140 Miles with a Full Charge ?
Will this change when we get our Pod fitted this week
We Bought the car in Newcastle we live in Scotland so we got the coach down and staying overnight in a hotel then we picked the car up in the Morning.
The dealership where not very good they more less gave us the car and we had to work out how to charge it in the way home .
They never told us we needed a app ect
We are in our retirement years never gave this a thought .
Then we found out we need to buy a cable type 2 disappointed that it was not in the car when purchased.
We thought we would have at least been offered a Coffee nothing offered What happened to the days when you get treated nice when you buy a Brand new car 🚙 We are not asking for Champagne or Flowers but a cup tea would have been good .
We found the experience very stressful
My son thought it would have been a nice for us to feel good going to get our new car sorry MG you will have to do Better than this.
We got halfway home and met a lovely person who helped us at the Charging point he was way better than the salesman who only wanted paid then could not wait to see us leaving
Lots and lots of info on here, have a search.
You sounded like you got the normal MG dealer service, unless you goto one of the rare good ones.

I do get the impression that some of your experiences/comments are relevant to all electric cars not just the MG - range/charging cable. You may want to read up a little bit on electric cars in general not just here/MG related.

I've been on the MG EV facebook groups a fair bit recently and have noticed a lot of people have gone and just bought an EV effectively "on a whim" without doing any real reading/research/learning beforehand. As much as dealers do tend to just throw you the keys and say bye after they get their money, there is a certain onus on the buyer to know a bit about what they are buying.
I do think buying an EV without a reasonable amount of knowledge, is akin to letting someone drive off in a manual gearbox car when all they've driven before is an automatic.

You'll soon get the hang of things and find it's a very positive experience having an EV over an ICE car :)

@JodyS21 i have to disagree with you there I did loads of research or so I thought but when you get the car it’s so different from an ICE car I have asked a fair few questions on here along with reading the manual.

There’s so much to have to think about just charging the car can be a minefield people have so many different opinions on what is the best way with your ICE car there’s only 1 way fill up at the pump. So I think it becomes a bit daunting when you first get it but with a little help along the way you soon settle into EV driving.

Thanks everyone for your help we have now had our car for about 8 weeks and loving it ,Our pod now fitted and it’s fantastic every day coming home plugging it in .
We are very happy and content think what happens is you just have to think ahead and change your ways ,we might think about renewing it again if we want one with more charge .
But for now we are enjoying it 😊👍🚙

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom